Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sweet Sixteen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sweet-sixteen-t219679.html)

sew inspired 04-21-2013 04:09 PM

Sweet Sixteen

Am looking at purchasing a new Sweet 16 w/ regulator. Any users have + or - comments. It seems the right size etc for my sit down fmq. Appreciate any info before I write the check.

CorgiNole 04-21-2013 05:36 PM

I got mine recently and love it.

I did not get the stitch regulator. If you have a lot of experience machine quilting, you may or may not like the Trustitch. Can you testdrive the Truststitch before buying it? You can buy the Sweet Sixteen wthout it.

Cheers, K

madamepurl 04-21-2013 07:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got mine last December and I love it! It's a great machine. Easy to use, uses all thread size, and all needle sizes. I did get the Tru-Stitch and it takes a little practice, but it makes your stitches so even. It needed to be charged recently and I was practicing some ruler work and decided just to continue with out. The stitches were so much longer and less even looking. I waited till it was charged before I started my real project.

This was my ruler project both front and back.

I have to say though not only is the machine easy to use, but HQ has such great support and customer service. I'm very happy with my purchase.

AliKat 04-21-2013 07:48 PM

I think it is the best thing of it's size on the market. I know you'll love it.

Shadowirish 05-23-2013 09:50 AM

I have a question for those of you that have any of the " sit down" quilting machines.....do you still use a supreme slider or something on the bed/table?

sewmary 05-23-2013 11:58 AM

The Sweet Sixteen has its own table overlay. I got it mainly to bridge a gap for ruler work. To me, it is not any more slippery than the table surface was. Am going to get quilters silicone spray or car wax to make the surfaces more slide-y.

sewmary 05-23-2013 11:58 AM

Oh and the SS16 is a very wonderful, absolutely great machine.

QuiltE 05-23-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 6081278)
The Sweet Sixteen has its own table overlay. I got it mainly to bridge a gap for ruler work. To me, it is not any more slippery than the table surface was. Am going to get quilters silicone spray or car wax to make the surfaces more slide-y.

When I was looking at the machines, the overlay ensured you had a smooth table top. Otherwise, you had humps/hollows/cracks where the machine set into the table. I would definitely buy the overlay, if purchasing the machine.

I didn't do enough quilting or with big enough pieces to check if it would slip-slide-away!

soccertxi 05-24-2013 07:20 AM

I had a Sweet Sixteen I put on a table top frame. It is a work horse and my friend who bought it from me uses it daily. I was ready for a bigger arm. Its perfect for her!

KimmieH 05-24-2013 09:25 AM

I got to play with it recently at a quilt expo......fell in love....also played with the Babylock Tiarra which I am told
is the same machine/different name????(not sure)....anyways I now need one :)