Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Table runner question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/table-runner-question-t75517.html)

GrannieAnnie 11-10-2010 10:49 AM

I found some cute reindeer/tree fabric. It's a one way design. I'm using a snowball pattern --------4 snowballs long.

NOW

What do you guys do about one way designs? On one, I've got two blocks facing to the right and two to the left.

On the second, I faced all the blocks one way. (which will go to my DD for her buffet)

I've got fabric for two more------I'm thinking about setting blocks facing west, north, south, east (for lack of better directions). I'm thinking if it's on a table, you'll see one block facing you no matter where you are.

Thank heavens the reindeer aren't really big so its not going to be a big issue. The largest design is an non-directional snowflake.

It's a JoAnn's fabric. I'll see if I can find a link. My camera is not taking good pics right now.

amma 11-10-2010 10:51 AM

I like the N S E W idea :D:D:D

KimmieH 11-10-2010 10:53 AM

i would alternate..every other one..up/down. Post a pic of fabric..i might have just bought same one!

clem55 11-10-2010 10:53 AM

Me too! I like that everyone could see the right way

bjnicholson 11-10-2010 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by amma

Yes. Good idea.

GrannieAnnie 11-10-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
i would alternate..every other one..up/down. Post a pic of fabric..i might have just bought same one!

LOL,had not even thought of that. 3rd one will be WNSE and I'll do the 4th like you suggested. Now I have to find more corner colors and border colors. Just bought enough the other day to do two.

Camera is not working well. I love reindeer. This fabric is black background. The biggest object are the light gold/dark gold snowflakes, several different. Next in size are the trees, three colors of olive green, again several different trees. Nest would be the red/blood red reindeer, several poses. Also has some royal blue circles with black dots, several sizes. And in the very background dark gold dots. Between the snowflakes and reindeer I had to have it. HAD TO! Not cheap either. Original price was 10.99 or whatever, on sale. I tried to look it up on the JoAnn's web site and can't find it. And stupid me threw away the sales bill AND the selvedges with the design name.

GrannieAnnie 11-10-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by amma

I'm going to have to do one this way----just because. (good enough reason?)

GrannieAnnie 11-10-2010 11:16 AM

Can you post the pic of your fabric?
got to borrow the younger DD's camera!

KimmieH 11-10-2010 11:19 AM

ill take a pic of the quick quilt i made with it....only took an afternoon!...will post tonight

GrannieAnnie 11-10-2010 11:24 AM

ill take a pic of the quick quilt i made with it....only took an afternoon!...will post tonight

Thanks