Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Teacup Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/teacup-quilt-t282816.html)

Ladyehawk 10-06-2016 01:56 PM

Teacup Quilt

I started out using a Pattern from one of my quilting books and now I have around 6 teacup squares and the quilt in the book seems very plain.

I'm going my own way on this one, even though it's my first quilt since I"m back quilting again.
I want to make it a "Tea Party" quilt.

Since I'm Pagan and Polytheistic, I'm calling it "Tea with the Goddess" or "Goddess Tea Party"

I'm going to put the name of one Goddess on each teacup square, and pick up some night sky, celestial fabric for the in between panels ..............

And my square will just say "Me" it will be placed in the middle of the middle row......I'm thinking I'll make three rows of three squares and sew them together with the night sky fabric........

I'm so excited to be working on an original project.......even though the teacup quilt gave me the idea and I"m using that pattern......it will ultimately be my design.........

My Goddesses are already telling me what teacup should be thiers.......LoL

Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement to get this quilt made........

Kitsie 10-06-2016 03:38 PM

Looking forward to seeing it!!

Jane Quilter 10-06-2016 03:50 PM

post it when your done. love to see it.

thimblebug6000 10-06-2016 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ladyehawk (Post 7670447)
I started out using a Pattern from one of my quilting books and now I have around 6 teacup squares and the quilt in the book seems very plain.

I'm going my own way on this one, even though it's my first quilt since I"m back quilting again.
I want to make it a "Tea Party" quilt.

Since I'm Pagan and Polytheistic, I'm calling it "Tea with the Goddess" or "Goddess Tea Party"

I'm going to put the name of one Goddess on each teacup square, and pick up some night sky, celestial fabric for the in between panels ..............

And my square will just say "Me" it will be placed in the middle of the middle row......I'm thinking I'll make three rows of three squares and sew them together with the night sky fabric........

I'm so excited to be working on an original project.......even though the teacup quilt gave me the idea and I"m using that pattern......it will ultimately be my design.........

My Goddesses are already telling me what teacup should be thiers.......LoL

Thank you for the inspiration and encouragement to get this quilt made........

If you check in the main section there is a Virtual Quilting Weekend happening now and all weekend. You can go to that thread and post your steps as you go along, it would be neat to watch it develop.

Sync 10-06-2016 04:36 PM

Sounds like this will be a fantastic quilt. Can't wait to see your progress on this one.

ube quilting 10-06-2016 05:35 PM

I can't wait to see this one.
peace

Tothill 10-07-2016 08:48 PM

Sounds like it will be a beautiful meaningful quilt. I look forward to seeing it.

jamsbuying 10-08-2016 08:13 AM

Can't wait to see!!

JanieH 10-08-2016 09:40 AM

Sounds very intriguing! I am looking forward to seeing photos of it.