Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   teeny tiny vacuum (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/teeny-tiny-vacuum-t238524.html)

lb70542 01-10-2014 07:03 AM

teeny tiny vacuum

hey all
just tried the teeny tiny vacuum from nancys notions and it works great. now hopefully no more air or paint brushes to clean with.and crevice tool is small enough to use to clean inside of bobbin on longarm..Never used air on that machine just the brush..:thumbup:
Loretta
<input id="mac_address" value="undefined" type="hidden"><input id="triggerLogout" type="hidden"><input id="signupTrigger" type="hidden">

quiltstringz 01-10-2014 07:55 AM

Thanks for the review, you always wonder how these things will work. I might try one for my sewing machine, but I do use air (compressor) on my LA

Dalronix 01-10-2014 12:20 PM

I've been searching for months for miniature vacuum cleaner that actually works. All I've found are those cheap and nasty things from China that don't have any power.

I find it really hard to believe that with all the use these days of small electronic and other products such as sewing machines, computer keyboards etc. that there isn't a market for a decent micro vacuum cleaner.

Jingle 01-10-2014 12:35 PM

I bought the attachments to be used on my full size canister vacuum cleaner. It does a very good job. I still use the brushes Etc. in between. Getting out the big canister is a pain but, I do it every so often.

crocee 01-10-2014 12:40 PM

You can use a squirt bottle top ( the ones sold for mustard and ketchup) to convert your regular vac into a mini crevice tool. Place a knee high stocking between the vac hose and the top to catch anything you might inadvertently suck out.

Prism99 01-10-2014 01:56 PM

I've been in the new house for 8 years, and I *still* haven't found my mini vacuum attachments! :( Maybe I'll find them when we move again. :p I loved them for cleaning out my machine. Nowadays I tape a straw to the crevice tool of my regular vaccum and use that; not nearly as elegant, and not quite as good, but it works well enough for me to keep sewing.

Deb watkins 01-10-2014 04:29 PM

I am smirking happily that I am not the only one to use the "taped straw" attachement!

Dalronix 01-10-2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 (Post 6505176)
...Nowadays I tape a straw to the crevice tool of my regular vaccum and use that;...

I like that idea.

ann31039 01-10-2014 05:35 PM

i got a really good mini vac from radio shack about 15 years ago. burnt it up about 7 years ago. can't find another like it. it was awesome.

Dalronix 01-10-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ann31039 (Post 6505570)
i got a really good mini vac from radio shack about 15 years ago. burnt it up about 7 years ago. can't find another like it. it was awesome.

Yes, I remember them being in stores like radio shack. I just don't understand why no one sells them anymore.