Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me about your quilt in your avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-about-your-quilt-your-avatar-t106599.html)

Sierra 03-11-2011 07:11 PM

AT a family reunion one of my daughters called everyone to bring any quilts they had that I had made. They all were hung on the 150 year old walls of the town "meeting" place in our small mountain town. My sister's granddaughter came up to me and with a hug said, "My favorite thing is humming birds and my favorite color is yellow green." What could I do but make this sweetie her quilt. It's my avatar.

franair 03-11-2011 07:26 PM

My Avatar quilt is called Affair of the Heart.. It took me about a year to do the whole thing, block by block.. But I loved doing it..It started out as a quilt club block that a teacher gave us..I loved it when I saw the whole quilt she had made.. So I had to make it.. Won a blue ribbon at our county fair..My daughter has it hanging on her living room wall..

Heid 03-11-2011 07:34 PM

Great suggestion! I'm always admiring other people's quilts and wondering what the pattern is or what the story behind it is. I don't have a quilt photo yet, so am showing Bailey who hopped onto my cutting table the other day while i was cutting fabric and scared me. I think i underestimated his jumping abilities...

grandma Janice 03-11-2011 07:57 PM

Mine is called garden path. It's made of scraps and pieced by hand and hand quilted. i"m in the process of making another one. got the pattern out of a McCalls magazine years ago.

grmamrtha1 03-11-2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jstitcher
Thanks for the info, I'm new here.

Welcome from St. Clair Shores, MI. You'll love this site.

GGinMcKinney 03-11-2011 08:28 PM

Mine is my first queen size quilt. It is for our rv bed. I chose fall colors to go with the leaves in the border. The rv has a mirror over the headboard with leaves etched in the mirror. A friend I met on a quilting group on the web used her Bailey and long arm to quilt it for me. I made the top and did the binding. She helped me decide how to cut and place the fabrics. Based on a mystery quilt on the group I met her. I did not use their HSTs and their fabric placement at all.

Bonbonary 03-11-2011 09:38 PM

Mine is "Pinwheel Party" and is a combination of piecing and embroidery. The embroidery pinwheel was a free download from The Quilt Life magazine.

danece 03-11-2011 09:40 PM

I have been trying to decide what I should use as my avatar, and since I can't make up my mind, right now its just my name :D

B Jane 03-11-2011 09:47 PM

Mine is a wall hanging that I designed and made for my daughter. She loved her Grandma's tea cup collection, and started her own collection. I took pictures of her cups, and duplicated them in fabric with fussy cuts, embroidery, etc. She loved it.

Calico Grammy 03-11-2011 09:57 PM

Loved this thread!!!