Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me about your quilt in your avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-about-your-quilt-your-avatar-t106599.html)

IBQUILTIN 03-11-2011 09:42 AM

Mine is Lorraine's Garden, I worked on the hand applique while she was hospitalized before she passed away. Special lady, special reminder

Nonnie2 03-11-2011 09:42 AM

Mine is a BOM that I made for my DGD for her birthday while she was a freshman in college. My second quilt.

sewn3w 03-11-2011 09:50 AM

Mine is a doll quilt made for my only grandchild for Christmas. It has a solid strip on the side and the flowered portion is machine quilted in the pattern of a smiley sun face with rays beaming from it. Design is my own. Not real fancy like most here, but a good beginner project.

ann clare 03-11-2011 10:05 AM

Mine is Cathedral Windows done by hand for no other reason than that I am not good at machine piecing (getting better). Background is what I call calico. some places call it muslin. The windows are made from scraps. My uncle is now the proud owner.

Quiltbeagle 03-11-2011 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt called Double Delight.

Freddie 03-11-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by conniebrooks
Very pretty quilt love it. But I am fairly new here and would love to know what an AVATAR means.
Thanks for your help.
Connie

Avatar is the picture you see when someone answers. Look to the left.

conniebrooks 03-11-2011 10:29 AM

Oh ok Thanks

BJ SewKkrazzy 03-11-2011 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
wow...I love looking at all the avatars...what creative bunch you are!!!
Mine is not somethinhg I did...but a tribute...back in 1970, when I found myself bored of doing embroidery work on pillowcases...I saw this article in a McCalls magazine of this beautiful quilt with another page of stitches...and the light bulb went on!!! And it's still blazing...I can use all those embroidery stitches in crazy quilting! I was hooked...but it wasn't until 1999 that the seed blossomed and I started my stitching journey...so my avatar is a tribute to what got me started!
BJ

This is the pic of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128673[/ATTACH]

This is a pic of the stitches
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128983[/ATTACH]

leaha 03-11-2011 10:36 AM

mine is called "dancing mugs" my own pattern, my own hand dyed fabrics, made for my cafe' in ND, it hangs in my quilt studio now. I wanted some thing cheerful and happy looking.

BJ SewKkrazzy 03-11-2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine
Mine is a copy of a Japanese print. The original is a DOVER publication and all are off copyright. My husband a I have a fondness for oriental. Our living room reflects that.
My is needle turned applique and is 2x3. Blew up a print and made templates.
Thanks for asking.

I love your quilt...having lived in Japan! don't you love Dover...I get their emails weekly and they only send out copyright free!!!!
BJ