Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell US - How does your "Jeweled Forest " grow? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-us-how-does-your-%22jeweled-forest-%22-grow-t164753.html)

goosepoint 10-31-2011 06:03 PM

We all went gaga last week because Delta showed off her beautiful "Jeweled Forest" blocks. For the past week everyone was hunting hot and heavy for this pattern. And some of us got lucky and got one real quick. I think I have about 12 hours in mine and I now have 9 little blocks. This is my first paper piece project. ;) Yep - it was a lot of trial and error. I am sewing and listening to a clip about PP on the computer. I listened about 5 times before it finally clicked. Of my 9 little blocks only 1 was done without having to 'rip' out one or 2 seams. This has been a real learning process. I read and took to heart all of the tut's and suggestions here on the board. Everything is helping. I can guarantee you that you really have to focus on what you are doing. All in all I like paper piecing. These things are so stinking cute I just can't stop with a tiny wall hanging. I want to mix in various sizes of the exact same pattern and litterly design a forest. So what I and everyone else want to know is what ARE YOU DOING now that you have your pattern? I am not ready for pics tonight but maybe tomorrow. So come on everyone -'fess up'. Inquiring minds want to know :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

lee_stitches 10-31-2011 06:25 PM

I never heard back from the website. Did you get a pattern through regular mail or over the Internet?

magpie 10-31-2011 06:28 PM

I got an email today. She is sending the pattern with an invoice and I pay when it arrives.

blueangel 10-31-2011 06:46 PM

I've never heard from mine.

SewExtremeSeams 10-31-2011 09:10 PM

I want to see what everyone is doing with their jeweled forest PP patterns. I did not order one yet. :-D

Lorae Radunz 10-31-2011 09:24 PM

I never heard back from her. :(( So, no pattern...

fidgety 10-31-2011 09:32 PM

Nor did I hear back.... :-( :-( :-( :-(

Gramie bj 10-31-2011 09:55 PM

My e-mail would not go through, told me ther was no creativcraftsgrpup to be found so tryed to contact them through the mag. web site sent request to 3 diffrent E adress they gave for diffrent departments,hope someone ansewersme even to say wrong dept. Been 4 days now and still have not heard from them. I was really thinking about subscribing to the McCalls qquilting mag. but If at least one of my E-mails doesnot get an ansewer I wont bother

Nana2Sew 11-01-2011 05:17 AM

Waiting for my pattern!

goosepoint 11-01-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by lee_stitches (Post 4610355)
I never heard back from the website. Did you get a pattern through regular mail or over the Internet?

I actually got the only magazine off of ebay. It looked like it had never been opened. Prestine condition. I would send everyone a copy if I could. PM me and I will help if I can. You know, we pay for and do instant down load of designs all the time. It is a wonder that McCalls would not be set up to do this. Especially with as many older patterns that they have published over the years. That might be a good suggestion for them. It would certainly be cost efficient for them and would make us all super happy.