Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tension problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tension-problem-t37461.html)

pinklissamel 02-20-2010 11:09 AM

I seem to have a tension problem. My bottom thread is showing on the top thread, like little loops . I have read thru my entire manual and changed all the thread changed needles twice. Switched thru every tension notch on my machine. I cannot make the problem go away. I cannot sew until this is fixed because its skipping stiches on the bottom as well. I cann't seem to fix this problem and its really making me upset not being able to fix this. Does anyone have a solution other then a new machine?? An option which i have comtemplated because i have a little cheap 100 dollar Wal-Mart one which until now has been a pleasure to sew on. Im out of ideas so im turning to this wonderful center of knowledge!!!

amma 02-20-2010 11:13 AM

Try swapping out your bobbin...these new plastic bobbins can be a pain... the slightest burr on them can cause this problem :wink:
I am constantly running my finger over mine, I keep an soft style fingernail board next to my machine to smooth out burrs from new bobbins or the ones that develp on the older ones.

pinklissamel 02-20-2010 11:20 AM

I have tried that as well. What started this problem was I was practicing my FMQ and after I switced from my quilting foot to my J foot or quarter in. foot. I never switchd any setting when I put my quilting foot on. Now the problem has me completly stumped. I dont know what to do other than take it in n see if maybe someone at the shop that i take it to get repaired can fgure it out.

amma 02-20-2010 11:23 AM

Are your feed dogs still dropped?

joeyoz 02-20-2010 11:24 AM

Try cleaning out the bobbin area really good. Sometimes a little piece of thread can cause a mountain of trouble. Try a different bobbin, a new needle, different thread.
Make sure you have the bobbin case in right. I had mine in just a little off one time and ended up taking it in to have it fixed because it just wouldn't sew right. Turned out I had the bobbin case off just a wee bit. Boy was I embarrassed. Glad it something that simple though.

Hope you get it solved. :D :D :D

pinklissamel 02-20-2010 12:25 PM

Update I Took everything apart again n there the little culprit was a nice size lint ball !!!! I gave it some air n now no more problem.!!!!!!! I am so happy i can get back to practicing paper piecing. Thanks sooo much you guys are the best !!!!!

joeyoz 02-20-2010 04:22 PM

It's amazing what one little lint ball or piece of thread can to the the function of a sewing machine. I am so glad you solved the problem. :D :D :D

redrummy 02-20-2010 04:35 PM

I am glad you got it going, I know I get so upset when mine acts up. Sometimes I threaten it, especially with sending it out the window, or threatening to call in help. I know it doesn't really help, but I feel better, and it makes it easier to get it working!!!!!

pam1966 02-20-2010 05:31 PM

Sometimes they need to be petted and sweet talked....