Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Terminal End Tantrum (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/terminal-end-tantrum-t315207.html)

tlynnc 04-27-2021 12:35 PM

Terminal End Tantrum

I bought a large set of fat quarters from Connecting Threads and nearly all have a terminal end! I'm frustrated that I am loosing an inch from each FQ after spending $80 on the set. What are the chances!?!

Rff1010 04-27-2021 12:56 PM

Call them. Always give a business the chance to make it right.

Decide what you want that WOULD make it right. 1) return refund replace? 2) discount for next order?

SueZQ from MN 04-27-2021 01:08 PM

I agree with Rff1010 to contact them. They have a wonderful customer service department and will make it right for you. They have helped me with problems both large and small, and I have always been more than satisfied with the outcome.

dunster 04-27-2021 01:09 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by a terminal end. Is it the unusually large selvage that's on some fabrics? Or is it something else? Does the usable portion of the FQ measure 18 x about 21?

tlynnc 04-27-2021 01:16 PM

Okay, so perhaps this is unusual and I just ended up with a lucky pack!

I can't measure the pieces anymore since they have all been trimmed. Luckily, I was able to get what I needed for this project. Nevertheless, seeing inches at a time go into my waste pile was irksome. I use scraps down to 2 inches for my left-overs projects and just won't have that luxury with this set. Oh well...

Gay 04-27-2021 03:31 PM

If you think about it there will be a 'terminal end on all fat quarters (cut 1 yard into 4 pieces) - maybe some companies will trim them off & some won't.

SuzSLO 04-27-2021 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gay (Post 8479543)
If you think about it there will be a 'terminal end on all fat quarters (cut 1 yard into 4 pieces) - maybe some companies will trim them off & some won't.

I thought a fat quarter was 18” x 20”. So because the width of fabric on most bolts is at least 42” (and often 45”), a fat quarter should have at least 20” of useable fabric.

Peckish 04-27-2021 09:52 PM

Please double-check your order. Every time I've ordered from CT and get "terminal ends", they ALWAYS give me more fabric than I had ordered. They are generous and reputable, and I'd hate for your complaint to make others shy away from buying from them.

jmoore 04-28-2021 02:56 AM

Yes, maybe check your order or give them a call. I’m sure they will make it right. I purchased a Layer Cake bundle from MSQ before Christmas and when I went to use it about a month ago, there were about 6 squares that were only 4x10 not 10x10...I contacted MSQ and they sent a whole new Layer Cake right away. She said that the precuts come directly from the manufacturer and sometimes a precut package isn’t cut correctly especially when it gets to the end of bolt. I rarely buy precuts but loved the collection by Edyta Sitar Perfect Union and the new layer cake package is all good.

aashley333 04-28-2021 04:13 AM

I have always been happy with corrections from ordering fabric. I think they realize you will order more...