Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Test drove the Husqvarna Sapphire today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/test-drove-husqvarna-sapphire-today-t96502.html)

Pam H 02-03-2011 06:38 PM

Pat P, sorry to hear you are having some problems. When I go in to talk to them again (& maybe buy) I will ask about at the tension issue needle breakage. I'll let you know what they say.

akgranny 02-03-2011 10:47 PM

i have the sapphire! love it! take your classes -- i live 120 miles away from my shop. they have a really great web site. the ten inch throat is great!

Chantel41 02-03-2011 11:12 PM

I have a designer 1, love it. The only problem I have had with it AT ALL is the bobbin rewinder, broke twice, have not had it fixed the second time. Bought the pre-wound "L" bobbins from on-line and use a sidewinder bobbin winder to re-wind the bobbins. Noticed the newer machines changed the bobbin re-winder! lol

katier825 02-04-2011 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pat P
I have a Sapphire 850 and GENERAlly like it I do seem to have problems with the thread getting really tight and sometimes breaking a needle. When FMQ especially, have to stop and rethread it. Have tried to pull floss thru to see if there is lint buildup. Bought mine new online so can't go to a shop for help, the first thing they ask is where did you buy it. I tell them DH got it for me. P.s. My FMQ spring broke it made such a racket decided not to get it replaced, use the plastic embroidery foot and get along fine.

Do you have one of the older ones? When I researched prior to buying mine, I had read that there were tension issues but that they had been resolved. The only time I have that issue is when I don't have the presser foot all the way up while moving the fabric. Also, on the older ones, I have heard that the thread can come out of the last upper thread guide...another thing I think they fixed. I had heard that if you thread that guide left to right, rather than right to left, it helps.

Pat P 02-04-2011 07:23 AM

Thanks Katier825 it could be I have the older version even though it was new. I did find out that the foot needs to be in the UP position that helps-- I will try and thread the last upper guard left to right. Anyone have ideas on how to prevent eyelashes when doing curves. Do you speed up? I want to do leaves and tendrils and know the latter will be a problem. I only have tension issues with the upper thread.

katier825 02-04-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pat P
Thanks Katier825 it could be I have the older version even though it was new. I did find out that the foot needs to be in the UP position that helps-- I will try and thread the last upper guard left to right. Anyone have ideas on how to prevent eyelashes when doing curves. Do you speed up? I want to do leaves and tendrils and know the latter will be a problem. I only have tension issues with the upper thread.

I think you slow down on curves.

tucsonquilter 02-04-2011 08:02 AM

I have a Sapphire 850 and love it. I started sewing on a Montgomery Ward machine in 1975. That one finally broke down in 2007. Bought a Pfaff and hated it. Kept it for 6 months then traded it in for the Sapphire and never looked back. I cant believe how easy it is to sew with. The foot automatically drops and lifts when needed. The other day I was sewing on my DGD's little machine and was sitting there waiting for the foot to drop....then realized I had to manually drop it.....duh.