Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thangs I lerned this weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thangs-i-lerned-weekend-t635.html)

patricej 02-27-2007 06:20 AM

I LOVE this place!!!

ROFLMBO

vicki reno 02-27-2007 06:41 AM

I don't think it was pork. My girlfriend and I went and we are both sick--she's worse than me, at home in bed. But I am trying to stick it out--no paid sick leave and don't want to give up vac pay to be sick. We didn't eat anything at the show--just coffee and a muffin, so the germs were in the air. Batiks ar really HOT this year! Every other quilt that I saw ther had been done using batiks--soooo pretty! Hope you get better soon. :D

sarah333 06-15-2007 03:26 PM

what is ROFLMBO somebody please educate me

k_jupiter 06-15-2007 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by sarah
what is ROFLMBO somebody please educate me

Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Butt Off.

tim in san jose (see, I did learn something in engineering school)

k_jupiter 06-15-2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter

2.) Got two blocks done on my Flying Geese Quilt. With the method I am using, you start with a rectangle and two squares, sewing them together on the bias, then trimming the extra triangles off. Works well, my points are almost perfect. As I finished each Goose, I unpinned the remainder triangles and piled them up. Duh! Leave the suckers pinned and sew your 1/4 inch line down the bias. HST already lined up and conveniently in the size I need for some border motif.

tim in san jose (one block at a time)

Duh! A little too late in the project I realized you don't cut the triangles off and then sew down the bias! You sew the first line (for the Geese) then you sew a parallel line 1/2 inch away. Cut the point off then halfway between the sewn lines. You have your HST DONE.

Idjit.

tim (wastin time on a Friday afternoon) in san jose

Rebecca Chambley 06-15-2007 03:40 PM

Norah
It's not funny, but I laughed till I turned blue, Just the whole scene and thought of her (True comment at the right time).

sarah333 06-15-2007 03:46 PM

oh , all right all though i'm sure if i would have ask my 9 yr old he would have told me . i just wasn't sure if that was something i wanted to ask him.thanks for educating me. tia sarah

Carla P 06-15-2007 08:18 PM

2.) Got two blocks done on my Flying Geese Quilt. With the method I am using, you start with a rectangle and two squares, sewing them together on the bias, then trimming the extra triangles off. Works well, my points are almost perfect. As I finished each Goose, I unpinned the remainder triangles and piled them up. Duh! Leave the suckers pinned and sew your 1/4 inch line down the bias. HST already lined up and conveniently in the size I need for some border motif.

Duh! A little too late in the project I realized you don't cut the triangles off and then sew down the bias! You sew the first line (for the Geese) then you sew a parallel line 1/2 inch away. Cut the point off then halfway between the sewn lines. You have your HST DONE.

Idjit.

All Hail The Flying Geese Lord!!! He rains supreme... Finally!! :lol:

Yvonne 06-16-2007 06:12 AM

Idjit.

AH, but we can be trained... even Tim. :lol:

quiltmaker101 06-16-2007 01:55 PM

Norah, you are hilarious! I too am ROFLMBO!