Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank you for the Accuquilt advice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-accuquilt-advice-t271315.html)

janecat 10-21-2015 11:25 AM

Thank you for the Accuquilt advice

A few weeks ago, I posted a thread about my Accuquilt. I mentioned that I'd used it once and then put it on a shelf in the basement for 5-6 years. I asked your advice about Accuquilts really having value and also asked if you use the strip dies.

You all responded that Accuquilts are great and that strip dies are wonderful.

I listened to your advice and hauled out my Accuquilt and purchased the 2 inch and 2.5 inch strip dies.

You were so so right!! The strip dies are wonderful and fabulous and I am in love! I have cut so many strips! I feel like I'm putting my stash to much better use now. It's kind of revitalized my quilting and given me a burst of excitement to piece new patterns.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Since your were so spot-on in the information you provided, do you have any other pieces of wisdom to give me about anything at all in the whole world? :-)

Sandra-P 10-21-2015 12:12 PM

Janecat, no other advice but I just bought the Studio 2 and dies and I too am having a great time with it. The strips come out so perfect! Have fun with it.

bearisgray 10-21-2015 12:56 PM

Advice:

Learn and live! :)

Cam's gram 10-21-2015 01:53 PM

So glad you decided to try it again. I read your original post and wondered about it because I love my Accuquilt! I only cut strips and squares right now but the quilts go together so much better than when I cut with a ruler and rotary cutter. And, I save time!

Geri B 10-21-2015 02:15 PM

Now spread your wings and try a die with a design.....applecore, tumbler, drunkards path, or even HST...pieces of cake!

ClairVoyantQuilter 10-21-2015 05:15 PM

I second the Half Square Triangle dies . . .by far my most used and versatile dies are strip dies, but when a pattern calls for HSTs I find myself either ordering the multi-die for the size needed, or filing the pattern in my future quilts box.

Onebyone 10-21-2015 05:22 PM

I really like the Block on Board (BOB) dies. Many times I want to just make a quilt, not fuss with cutting a lot of different pieces one shape at a time.

janecat 10-21-2015 05:43 PM

I think I'm still a little unclear about which HST dies I need.

If I usually cut squares 4 7/8 inches and then draw the line and stitch on both sides----which die do I need to get the correct size HST?

If I usually cut squares 3 7/8 to make HST in the same way, which die do I need?

ManiacQuilter2 10-22-2015 06:44 AM

It is very sad to let a large purchase sit on the shelf. Glad that you found how to make it work for you.

sewnseams 10-22-2015 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by janecat (Post 7352058)
I think I'm still a little unclear about which HST dies I need.

If I usually cut squares 4 7/8 inches and then draw the line and stitch on both sides----which die do I need to get the correct size HST?

If I usually cut squares 3 7/8 to make HST in the same way, which die do I need?

It really depends on what size block you are making. They have 1 1/2" up to 8 1/2" hst dies for the Go. I have a lot of them as this way all I have to do is cut a shape and quilt. I do not want to have to trim down a size if I can help it. But if money is an issue, I would go ahead and buy a little larger one and cut down to what size block you need once you sew together your hst.