Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank you for encouraging me to try basting spray!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-encouraging-me-try-basting-spray-t22066.html)

littlehud 06-30-2009 08:00 AM

I'm glad you love it. I'm a basting spray convert too. Isn't it the greatest.

littlehud 06-30-2009 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I use it, too! But DH has forbidden me from spraying in the house......I did it on the dining room table. Yes, I covered the table. But the overspray covered the chairs!! LOL LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I told him to just "let it go!"....that it would disappear in time. (I wasn't sure!) LOL :mrgreen: I didn't figure in the CAT hair getting caught in it......so a day later, I saw the cat hair and started washing it off. LOL :mrgreen: He caught me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good thing he has a good sense of humor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So funny. Sounds like something I would do. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim's Gem 06-30-2009 08:42 AM

Love the basting spray. Use it exclusively all the time!!!! I have the fortunate opportunity of going over to my church and pushing together tables that I can set at a good height and use those for basting my quilts so I don't have to get down on the floor!!! I have taught my DH and my sons girlfriend how to baste and they have even basted several of my quilts all by themselves with me just supervising.

amma 06-30-2009 09:38 AM

I use basting spray on poly batting all the time for embroidery. I spray the batting and stick it on the back of my hooped fabric. It stays on great during the whole embroidery process :wink:

sewnsewer2 06-30-2009 12:37 PM

Yep, makes a world of difference huh?

kathyk 06-30-2009 12:51 PM

I've used the products made for quilters for several years and really like the speed and results, and "no pins"! I had to laugh at the quilter with the overspray problem and cat hair! I think that would be the biggest difference between the quilter product and the "hardware store" variety though. The product for quilters is water soluable--meant to wash out of your fabrics, and consequently can be washed off other hard surfaces as well--like you tabletop or countertop. Wouldnt that be worth the difference in price?

LoriJ 06-30-2009 01:05 PM

I'm a pin baster that likes the idea of spray basting, but I don't have a clue how to do it. Is there a video out there somewhere that would show me what to do?

Ninnie 06-30-2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I use it, too! But DH has forbidden me from spraying in the house......I did it on the dining room table. Yes, I covered the table. But the overspray covered the chairs!! LOL LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I told him to just "let it go!"....that it would disappear in time. (I wasn't sure!) LOL :mrgreen: I didn't figure in the CAT hair getting caught in it......so a day later, I saw the cat hair and started washing it off. LOL :mrgreen: He caught me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good thing he has a good sense of humor :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I did this on my coffee table and like to never got it all off!!! From now on, I cover the table and the floor with news paper! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have also used an old sheet.

cutebuns 06-30-2009 01:27 PM

if you use something with an alchol base it usually takes up the glue, and ther eis usually enough over hang on the batting it usually catches most of it, I some times have to go back and catch the corners etc. I make more of a mess when I am using it with the embroidery machine, I usually hang an old shopping bag or something to catch the worse of it.

mjsylvstr 06-30-2009 04:22 PM

TRY BUYING THE CANS WHEN JOANN HAS THEIR 50% OFF COUPONS.

HELPS A LOT WITH THE POCKETBOOK !!!!.......

I EVEN DO MY SMALLER WALL HANGINGS AND IT REALLY IS A BIG HELP WHEN TRYING TO DO MACHINE QUILTING ON THEM.

WORKS GREAT...MJ