Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank You, Thank You To All Who (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-thank-you-all-who-t215331.html)

QandE2010 03-09-2013 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter (Post 5901826)
I did it! Yea!

I wound up putting some Masonite board that I had on the little table because the length was 2 inches to short for my machine. But it works and I did not have to buy anything - more money for fabric!

Thank you!

Isn't this forum the most wonderful thing you've ever encountered? I am not a novice, but each day I learn something new from you beautiful people. So I have to say thank you, too.

Sewnoma 03-09-2013 12:20 PM

OMG, your post could not have come at a better time! I'm remodeling my sewing room right now and I LOVE your setup! I was going to cut into a table to mount my machine flush, but that is so much nicer and cleaner and I know my local Lowe's carries those same little tables - I'm totally going to copy you!! See, you've just paid some back! That is going to be so much easier and less messy (and better looking, even) than what I was going to do! Marvelous!!

I've learned tons on this site too, all the same stuff you talked about are some of my favorite new techniques. Pinmoors, elmer's glue.... I was just thinking the other night; I wonder what my grandmother would have thought of me using school glue to baste a whole quilt? LOL

Oh, I'm so excited now. I have been cleaning and organizing all morning and was literally JUST ABOUT to go saw a hole my table, and took a little quilt board break before I went out. Now I need to change out of my "grubbies" and go to Lowe's instead! Thank you for posting that pic!!

Fab-ra-holic 03-09-2013 04:09 PM

WOW!! I can feel your excitement all the way in Michigan!! I am so happy for you. It will make a world of difference. I'm glad the timing was right for you. Have a great time quilting and setting up your room. And it's nice to know I could help someone.

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 5916751)
OMG, your post could not have come at a better time! I'm remodeling my sewing room right now and I LOVE your setup! I was going to cut into a table to mount my machine flush, but that is so much nicer and cleaner and I know my local Lowe's carries those same little tables - I'm totally going to copy you!! See, you've just paid some back! That is going to be so much easier and less messy (and better looking, even) than what I was going to do! Marvelous!!

I've learned tons on this site too, all the same stuff you talked about are some of my favorite new techniques. Pinmoors, elmer's glue.... I was just thinking the other night; I wonder what my grandmother would have thought of me using school glue to baste a whole quilt? LOL

Oh, I'm so excited now. I have been cleaning and organizing all morning and was literally JUST ABOUT to go saw a hole my table, and took a little quilt board break before I went out. Now I need to change out of my "grubbies" and go to Lowe's instead! Thank you for posting that pic!!

costumegirl 03-10-2013 05:40 AM

This is also good timing for me as I am thinking of tackling a bigger project and I am dreading the thought of struggling with the safety pins and the bulk of the quilt. I usually send my quilt to the be LA. because of this. Thankyou so much for sharing your tips about the pinmoors and the pic of your table setup!!

Sewnoma 03-11-2013 07:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic (Post 5917201)
WOW!! I can feel your excitement all the way in Michigan!! I am so happy for you. It will make a world of difference. I'm glad the timing was right for you. Have a great time quilting and setting up your room. And it's nice to know I could help someone.

Look at what you made me do!

Before: (sort of "during" the reorg, it's not usually quite this cluttered....but close!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401146[/ATTACH]

After! (Complete with quilt inspector perch! LOL)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401147[/ATTACH]

I still need to do some cord management and find something shorter for that window, but I'm so excited about my new space! Thanks again for your EXTREMELY timely post!!