Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thank you, Wal-Mart (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thank-you-wal-mart-t138887.html)

Mamawcj 07-19-2011 08:33 PM

I was in WM Monday (60 miles from home) and found a Shape Cutter on sale, so I put it in my cart. I am recovering from rotator cuff repair, so DH has to do all the lifting. I saw him put the SC in the cart along with our other purchases and then he put our bags in the trunk of the car. (I didn't watch him do that as it was about 105 in the shade.) When we got home he unloaded everything in the house and I started going through the bags. I couldn't find the SC, so I asked him if he left it in the car. There was dead silence and then he said, "No, I left it in the buggy." At that point I should have asked for a new sewing machine or something, but I had pity on him and didn't. LOL. I called WM and told them what had happened. They told me that if I still had the receipt I could get another one the next time I am in the store. This has got to be one of the best WM's ever (and they still have fabric and have more coming in all the time).

BETTY62 07-19-2011 08:36 PM

Wow. How nice of Walmart to replace it.

Dingle 07-19-2011 09:11 PM

Seems most Wal-Marts are clearing out a lot of the rulers and such. They are at every store I have been in lately and all the SC are going away. I know you live far from your store so not sure how often you go but there is a chance they won't have anymore by the time you get back there. Don't mean to bum you out but whenever they put items on clearance means they won't carry them anymore.

sandy14 07-20-2011 02:32 AM

I was wishing they would let you take your receipt to a closer Wal-Mart and that store would honor your receipt so you wouldn't have to go all that way back.

It is however, nice that they will give you another one.

Gutta love it!!!!!

sandy14

Iluv2quilt 07-20-2011 03:51 AM

Boy, that sure was nice of them. In this day and age you don't run into that often, congratulations and enjoy!

Yarn or Fabric 07-20-2011 04:57 AM

Wow that is really fabulous of them! I'm so happy that it will work out in the end. :)

susie-susie-susie 07-20-2011 05:51 AM

The first time I used "self checkout" I left the bag. Didn't notice until I was leaving the store. Of course it was gone. Small items and very light. Someone probably got a surprise when they got home. Hope they were sewers!!
I went back and they told me to replace the items. They are usually good at customer service. It was a long time before I used "self checkout" again. Sometimes I am mentally challanged!! lol

blueangel 07-20-2011 05:56 AM

Walmart is prettty nice to work with their customers.

Mamawcj 07-21-2011 08:07 PM

Well,I got another Shape Cutter yesterday. It's no big deal to go to that WM. I had a Dr's. appt. so I accomplished 2 things. The one that is 20 miles away doesn't have fabric and very little in the way of notions. So I'm happy and can hardly wait to be able to sew again.

Dingle 07-21-2011 08:51 PM

:thumbup: