Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thanks to Miss Penny, I made 8 blocks tonight. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thanks-miss-penny-i-made-8-blocks-tonight-t206118.html)

Tallbald 11-15-2012 09:29 PM

Thanks to Miss Penny, I made 8 blocks tonight.

Miss Penny tonight showed me how to use the Altos, and showed me other options for creating strips to make my first quilt. Sweetheart thank you so much. It was so nice to be close to you and learning some of the wonderful skills you have developed in all those years of sewing. Folks it was so satisfying to do this tonight, and the time absolutely flew for me. Aside from an occasional smoke break (yes I smoke so nana nana boo boo. Tobacco put me through college) and a cup of coffee that kept getting cool on me, I worked through until done with the eight. There's so much satisfaction when corners meet precisely as they usually did when a block was finished. I confess I spent a bit of time admiring the results of my work, and spanking myself emotionally when I saw a mistake. But so begins my journey into the wonderful world of fabric art......which is just how I see quilting. Light's not very good or I would proudly post a photo of my minor accomplishment tonight. Oh. For those interested, our beautiful 201K hand crank performed flawlessly. I didn't know you could finish a seam, go off the material some and not get a knot in the thread when you lift the presser foot and pull your material away to cut the ends. Cool. So cool. Don

Tartan 11-16-2012 01:36 AM

​It sounds like you are having a great time doing your blocks. It is wonderful you have someone to share your new hobby with.

annthreecats 11-16-2012 02:31 AM

Sounds like you are having a blast. Can't wait to see your blocks. Have fun.

Silver Needle 11-16-2012 03:49 AM

It is amazing how satisfying it is in finishing blocks. Congratulations on getting your first ones done. We wish you the joy of many more.

PaperPrincess 11-16-2012 05:08 AM

Sounds like you are off to a great start. Please post pictures as we all would like to admire your handiwork.
BTW, I sometimes take a minute to admire my own completed blocks! It's also great to have the right tools.

joyce888 11-16-2012 05:55 AM

Sewing for as long as I have I still get excited too when my seams match up and the points turn out perfect. Congrats on your progress!

pinkcastle 11-16-2012 07:09 AM

Now you are on a roll! I'm glad you are enjoying the process. Be sure to post pics!

barny 11-16-2012 07:13 AM

Hi, I just want to tell you, you are "poetical" in your way of telling us what you have done. You are Very good at it.

Sunnie 11-16-2012 07:28 AM

Sounds like you have a great mentor. That makes all the difference in the world. Don't beat yourself up over one little mistake...call it a design innovation.

costumegirl 11-16-2012 09:08 AM

Sounds like you are having a great time with your project!! Time flies when we love what we are doing :)