Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thanksgiving-virtual-quilting-weekend-t308321.html)

Raggiemom 11-28-2019 04:18 AM

Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend

Welcome to the Thanksgiving VQW. A couple people asked for a VQW over the holiday weekend so here it is! Pop in and out as needed and let us know what you’re working on. Or maybe you’re taking advantage of some of the Black Friday sales. I have a couple projects I’d like to finish this weekend myself 😀

Raggiemom 11-28-2019 04:18 AM

Ps—next regular VQW is December 20-23.

rryder 11-28-2019 04:32 AM

Thanks for hosting Raggiemom! Not much sewing this weekend for me since we have out of town guests until Monday, but I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

Rob

ka9sdn 11-28-2019 05:03 AM

Have a quilt on the LA for a customer so want to finish it and start Bonnie's new mystery!

LynnBBQ 11-28-2019 05:33 AM

I'll be buys most of today but Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be dedicated to quilting. I'm assembling rows for my Circa 1880 quilt by Pam Buda. I also am working on Christmas surprises for a few family members. My mom used to make us a sew-and-stuff animal pillow toy each Christmas - you know, those printed panel bunnies or puppies popular in the 70's and 80's. I have been hunting Ebay and Etsy for several months looking for the same ones she made us. I found one for my brother, one for my cousin, one for my son, and one for my nephew. I also found one she made for me, so I will make it for her. I am prepping some of those this weekend and Mom is coming out next weekend for us to work on them together.

GingerK 11-28-2019 05:40 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am going to dedicate the next two days to cleaning up my sewing room. Not by choice mind you, but because I have a friend coming over on Saturday for help with her project and honestly, my sewing room is an embarrassment!! Happy sewing!

Krisb 11-28-2019 06:58 AM

I will be completing my first row for the Sugaridoo QAL (after the background fabric arrives), pressing the half hexies for the Split Rock Lighthouse quilt, laying it out and playing with the layout, joining the quilt top. Then switching to cutting the first BH clue. If there is time, back to Split Rock to layer, quilt and bind. Thanksgiving dinner is mostly done—pie and dressing made, potatoes peeled and cut and in pot with water, cranberry sauce done. Turkey breast doesn’t go in until about 4:30, so I have all day to play.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

QuiltingVagabond 11-28-2019 07:28 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be sewing tonight and the rest of the weekend. I want to finish my guild challenge and got a good start on it yesterday. And then Bonnie Hunter's mystery Clue 1 comes out tomorrow, so I will be doing that too.

Macybaby 11-28-2019 07:41 AM

My goal is to get the three Christmas tops quilted - I didn't get them quilted before last Christmas, and then they went on the back burner. I'm almost done with the big one, the other two are throw size.

these are the last I want to quilt before I start packing things up.

Jordan 11-28-2019 07:54 AM

I certainly hope to get some sewing done this holiday weekend. I have the binding on a RWB quilt and will probably sit and sew that while watching football all day. I also have to get the wall hanging in the mail to my grandson so that will be a little project to get the box ready to send. Then on to the sewing room to make some Christmas tree napkins (tutorial from Jordan Fabrics) for the neighbors. I will check in once in a while to see what everyone is working on. Not a big Thanksgiving dinner today as we are expecting tons of snow so it is just hubby and me. Grandkiddos with their dad and my daughter is afraid to get out on the roads-can't blame her.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this wonderful board.