Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there a color you hate? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-color-you-hate-t64220.html)

joyceinoh 09-11-2010 04:05 PM

only colors that I don't like are the blue jeans you see in the store and they have a dirty yellow stain to them.
I can't see why anyone would pay for something like that.
My son gets a stain like that on his work jeans and nothing I do seems to bring it out.. And while we are OT here. Why would anyone want to buy jeans with rips in them?
Hubby went to buy new pants but the ones he thought were worn out looked better then the new ones. :(

MadQuilter 09-11-2010 04:20 PM

I don't like pastels too much - and it doesn't matter which color, but I do not "hate" any colors. I almost wish I did, because my stash might be smaller.

There is a particular range of baby-poop (could be green or could be brown) that I probably would not use in a quilt - but how could I hate such expression of a natural phenomenon. arr arr.

GrannieAnnie 09-11-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
I just "depinked" my stash (I hate the color pink) and "depinked" my garden today, cutting down all pink Rose of Sharons and digging out all pink echiniceas. Tomorrow I start on purples. I just cannot use those two colors when I quilt or it irritates me, although I love dark purple in my garden. Go figure!! Anyone else hate a certain color?

I don't like pink in my life, but I've found pink family fabrics that work well in my sewing. Go figure!

earlylace 09-11-2010 04:24 PM

I'm with you about orange!

Originally Posted by barbrdunn
I don't care for the color orange.

GrannieAnnie 09-11-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I don't care for peach at all.

oh, if I've got to use a pinkish fabric------I push it toward the peach. Bathroom is peach because it's the color in some of my sea shells.

Pam B 09-11-2010 04:25 PM

Green. I do not like green. I use as little of it as possible but, sometimes it just cannot be helped.

GrannieAnnie 09-11-2010 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I don't like pastels too much - and it doesn't matter which color, but I do not "hate" any colors. I almost wish I did, because my stash might be smaller.

There is a particular range of baby-poop (could be green or could be brown) that I probably would not use in a quilt - but how could I hate such expression of a natural phenomenon. arr arr.

LOL on the baby poop. Years ago, my hubby and Daughter found a Dodge car they really liked and the only way to describe the color was METALLIC BABY POOP.

Fancy Nancy 09-11-2010 04:30 PM

rust color

CarrieAnne 09-11-2010 04:56 PM

I think orange is my least favorite!

QuiltingGrannie 09-11-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing
ORANGE! Double Yuck!

Ditto on the orange! (And I live in TN! where people have been known to bleed orange!)