Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there an EQ8 coming out anytime soon? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-eq8-coming-out-anytime-soon-t268737.html)

RoslynK 08-13-2015 10:27 PM

Is there an EQ8 coming out anytime soon?

I'm thinking of purchasing EQ7 but it seems it has been around for several years. Wondering if there might be a new version coming out anytime soon, in which case perhaps I should wait. Does anyone know or have any advice? Thanks!

ManiacQuilter2 08-14-2015 06:35 AM

I haven't heard anything. You can always send them a question. They have a great technical support group.

Onebyone 08-14-2015 06:35 AM

I don't think so. Usually there are hints on Facebook and such but none that I have found. If there is a new version and you have EQ7 you get the upgrade cheap.

QuiltnNan 08-14-2015 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7286063)
I don't think so. Usually there are hints on Facebook and such but none that I have found. If there is a new version and you have EQ7 you get the upgrade cheap.

that's kind of what i was thinking. but i'm still on EQ5... does all that i need it to do. i keep it because it works on Windows XP. if my computer dies, i may consider getting the newest version

dunster 08-14-2015 02:37 PM

I had an engineer friend from work who kept putting off getting a PC because they were constantly getting more powerful and cheaper. He did that for years. He missed out on all the use he would have had from one, and when he finally did get one the learning curve was horrendous. 'Nuff said?

I started with EQ6, and now use EQ7 on Windows 7 and also on an older Windows XP computer. It has a much better user interface than EQ5, as well as a lot more features. And I will order EQ8 the minute it comes out. I'm sure they must be working on it!

Barb in Louisiana 08-14-2015 06:49 PM

I met and talked to the EQ designer at the 2013 International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX about EQ8. At that time he stated that EQ7 was IT. There would not be an EQ8. Of course, things can change, so I would ask at the EQ website.

RoslynK 08-14-2015 06:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I may as well take the plunge! I went to a demonstration session and loved the look of the program.

ManiacQuilter2 08-17-2015 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 7286132)
that's kind of what i was thinking. but i'm still on EQ5... does all that i need it to do. i keep it because it works on Windows XP. if my computer dies, i may consider getting the newest version

My computer is still running XP and I upgrade from EQ5 to EQ7. The neat thing about EQ7 is the availability of fabric. The toughest thing to get use to are all the icons are different and tiny.

Barb in Louisiana 08-17-2015 02:03 PM

I did contact Electric Quilt about an EQ8. Penny responded that there was no EQ8 in the design phase at all nor any plans to start a project for an EQ8.