Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is there a way to refresh the numbers/lines on ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/there-way-refresh-numbers-lines-ruler-t66748.html)

DeneK 09-25-2010 04:02 PM

I love my omnigrid 9" ruler. Love it so well, I have worn off the lines and numbers. Has anyone tried to refinish them so they will be legible again?

gale 09-25-2010 04:15 PM

I don't think it could be done so it was perfectly accurate still. At least I know I couldn't manage. If you try I would use a super fine line sharpie maybe.

Shelley 09-25-2010 04:21 PM

Go shopping! If you've worn off the numbers and lines, it's time for you to have a new ruler. Chances are, there are some nicks in the sides too. If you haven't tried the frosted rulers yet, they are wonderful!! Trying to use a marker to re-mark the lines will give you lines that just aren't perfect.

luvTooQuilt 09-25-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shelley
Go shopping! If you've worn off the numbers and lines, it's time for you to have a new ruler. Chances are, there are some nicks in the sides too. If you haven't tried the frosted rulers yet, they are wonderful!! Trying to use a marker to re-mark the lines will give you lines that just aren't perfect.

i second this- using a NOT PERFECTLY LINED ruler will make you go mad in the end when nothing matches up right.. You deserve a new one if the old one is wearing out..

gale 09-25-2010 04:36 PM

So true! I am actually waiting for my rulers to wear out so I can get the frosted ones. :mrgreen:

hobo2000 09-25-2010 06:06 PM

Now that you mention it, I keep turning mine around because I can't read one end of it. lol Guess I better look at frosted rulers. Who makes them?

littlehud 09-25-2010 06:21 PM

I know just what you mean. I have my original ruler and I love it. Have got two new ones and still reach for old reliable.

amma 09-25-2010 06:32 PM

You could end up with lines being off just enough to mess with you :(
You know, the difference between a 1/4" and a scant 1/4" isn't much... so it would be hard to be exact enough if you remarked them yourself.

MzMcKee 09-25-2010 07:15 PM

I recently purchased a 6" frosted ruler just to try. I would love to trade in all my others for matching ones in frosted. I am so impressed with them. Go for it!

oksewglad 09-25-2010 07:42 PM

I would check the edges, too. I know I nick mine often; the corners get worn as well--then the corners of your fabric is not quite square. I make lots of minis and love the Creative Grid rulers. The lines are fine enough to promote accuracy when cutting those 3/4 to 1 1/2 inch pieces, yet large enough to see.