Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   THINGS DO HAPPEN FOR A REASON (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/things-do-happen-reason-t143928.html)

twixbar 08-10-2011 02:07 PM

Good for you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sandra in Minnesota 08-10-2011 02:15 PM

That's a great story!

CactusFlower 08-10-2011 02:21 PM

Well you must have done something good!!

ka9sdn 08-10-2011 03:03 PM

Glad you found another fabric. Happy sewing!

teacherbailey 08-10-2011 03:49 PM

Please post a picture! We want to see! :)

3699quilter 08-10-2011 05:46 PM

Noticed you live in Lake Orion - what JoAnn's do you go to?
Glad you found something you liked and can use.

P.S. Love your Avatar - cool pattern

CoriAmD 08-22-2011 04:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh boy! Things are changing again! I asked my daughter on Sunday which of the two fabrics she liked better and she chose the first one. Now, what!? Well, decided to go on the JoAnn's Web site and see what I could find. Would you believe that fabric JoAnn's told me they couldn't get is stillon the Web site and is on sale??!! I ordered what I need and got confirmation that it would be sent. Keeping fingers crossed!!
Anyway, the guy I am making it for stopped by today and I showed him both fabrics, he likes the first one too. Did not care for the 2nd choice so I reeeealllly hope I can get it. JoAnn's web site said it would be delivered in 7 - 10 days.
Can't help wonder why they couldn't get it for me by ordering at the store though and why it would take them 2 - 6 weeks IF they could even get it... strange.

First fabric for backing - ordered more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245438[/ATTACH]

2nd choice fabric I bought because couldn't get first one (or so I thought)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245439[/ATTACH]

colors I am using on the front, beige will have dragonflies embroidered on it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]245440[/ATTACH]

CoriAmD 08-26-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by CoriAmD
Oh boy! Things are changing again! I asked my daughter on Sunday which of the two fabrics she liked better and she chose the first one. Now, what!? Well, decided to go on the JoAnn's Web site and see what I could find. Would you believe that fabric JoAnn's told me they couldn't get is stillon the Web site and is on sale??!! I ordered what I need and got confirmation that it would be sent. Keeping fingers crossed!!
Anyway, the guy I am making it for stopped by today and I showed him both fabrics, he likes the first one too. Did not care for the 2nd choice so I reeeealllly hope I can get it. JoAnn's web site said it would be delivered in 7 - 10 days.
Can't help wonder why they couldn't get it for me by ordering at the store though and why it would take them 2 - 6 weeks IF they could even get it... strange.

Sooooo happy! Got the fabric today! Now I am motivated to get the top put together. Happy, Happy, Happy :thumbup:

Annz 09-18-2011 05:01 PM

I agree sometimes things happen for a good reason in the end.

annthreecats 09-18-2011 05:02 PM

I have that fabric. I just used it on my sewing tool caddy and pin cushion set and have some leftover. I love pink flowers.

Gotta love the happy endings. So glad everything worked out the way it did for you. That's a wonderful story.