Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Those who have made Bargello table runner??????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/those-who-have-made-bargello-table-runner-t270315.html)

ontheriver 09-23-2015 06:44 AM

Those who have made Bargello table runner???????

I just finished piecing the runner from twist and turn Bargello, started quilting with curved lines and do not like it, am ripping it out. My question, how did you quilt your runners. Just looking for ideas, thanks all.

ManiacQuilter2 09-23-2015 07:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I always follow the curve of the fabric quilting from corner to corner with Bargellos. Not sure that you can see the quilting in the photographs. Both were gifts:

ontheriver 09-23-2015 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7325623)
I always follow the curve of the fabric quilting from corner to corner with Bargellos. Not sure that you can see the quilting in the photographs. Both were gifts:

When looking at pictures for ideas your colorful one was one I saw. I tried the curved lines and to me it didn't look right. Maybe it was the thread. My runner is blacks, Grey's, some white. I was using light grey thread.

gingerd 09-23-2015 08:57 AM

I love the pattern for the table runner. Can you please share the name of it and where you got it from?

Thanks!

Dina 09-23-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 7325714)
I love the pattern for the table runner. Can you please share the name of it and where you got it from?

Thanks!

In case ManiacQuilter2 doesn't see this question, I think it is from Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. I know she has this book and the table runner sure looks like the picture I am looking at. It is just called Bargello Table Runner.

The book has 14 Bargello patterns in it. I got mine from Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Dina

gingerd 09-23-2015 05:11 PM

Thanks much Dina!! I'll check it out!

Esmerelde 09-24-2015 12:48 AM

I have this book but haven't made anything from it yet. I never liked the quilting following the curves/corner to corner. I was always planning to free motion meander mine

rusty quilter 09-24-2015 03:44 PM

I have made a California King, a queen, and a bed runner from her books....easy to follow, and oh my gosh, the final projects are always stunning!

ManiacQuilter2 09-25-2015 03:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ontheriver (Post 7325688)
When looking at pictures for ideas your colorful one was one I saw. I tried the curved lines and to me it didn't look right. Maybe it was the thread. My runner is blacks, Grey's, some white. I was using light grey thread.

It doesn't matter what color the quilt is. I have done a black/white bargello quilt. You just want to use the thread that matches best for each color. The widest piece you come down and then curve to go back up the point. I make a template using powder chalk so the curve is smooth. Usually I stitch half way up the highest piece, with needle down, I will pivot to then go back down. It is stitched from corner to opposite corner. Hope the photo I am posting will help. Can you post a photo showing the quilt??

Yes, the pattern is from the Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts by Eileen Wright. There is a bright orange/brown bargello quilt on the cover.

Pat G 09-25-2015 02:26 PM

This is one of my favorites of all my projects. I'm looking at it on my coffee table right now & never felt the need to do additional top quilting when it was finished. I love this piece.