Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Those yellow quilter's pins????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/those-yellow-quilters-pins-t90755.html)

lynnie 01-18-2011 09:41 AM

i use mine all the time, for smaller app porjects, i use applique pins.

Olivia's Grammy 01-18-2011 04:11 PM

I just FM a wall hanging using the flat flower head pins instead of safety pins. What a time saver.

lwests 01-18-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
I sometime use them when machine quilting to add extra pins just before the pressure foot. Especially when the fabric looks like it will bunch. Have to be careful of the points.
There is a product on the market now that looks like plastic ear plugs that the "inventor" show how to use the longer yellow pins to baste and protect the point by pushing the ear plug on to it.
Otherwise they are useless to me.

I have these. They are called Pinmoor and they do make pinning the layers together easier. At least for me they do.

lwests 01-18-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by sheila bee

Originally Posted by Holice
I sometime use them when machine quilting to add extra pins just before the pressure foot. Especially when the fabric looks like it will bunch. Have to be careful of the points.
There is a product on the market now that looks like plastic ear plugs that the "inventor" show how to use the longer yellow pins to baste and protect the point by pushing the ear plug on to it.
Otherwise they are useless to me.

NEED SOME OF THOSE LITTLE EARPLUGS AS I USE MY PINS AND GET STUCK A LOT where did u get them...WHOOPS..didn't know i was captalizing..someone said that was the same as yelling....lol

I ordered mine off the web. Google "Pinmoor". So much easier than the safey pins.....at least for me they are.

Bev 01-22-2011 07:37 AM

[quote/] I use the glass head pins, very thin and sharp and some have yellow heads but you can tell the difference by the price. Once you use a great sharp pin you won't reach for the yellow headed pins again. [quote/]
That's the truth! I can't stand those long yellow headed ones. Also they get messed up if you happen to touch them with an iron. I use the glass-head yellow ones too. I also have a lot which are just no-head. They're fine and just the right length. It's a pain trying to find the exactly right things to use for our kind of work. :roll:

Bev 01-22-2011 07:39 AM

[/quote]NEED SOME OF THOSE LITTLE EARPLUGS AS I USE MY PINS AND GET STUCK A LOT where did u get them...WHOOPS..didn't know i was captalizing..someone said that was the same as yelling....lol[/quote]

[quote/]I ordered mine off the web. Google "Pinmoor". So much easier than the safey pins.....at least for me they are.[/quote]

I just saw some in the latest Keepsake catalogue. 8-)

Maribeth 01-22-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
I use mine to pin my quilt tops and backings onto my LA rollers. They work great!

me too.