Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thought I lost a block. Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thought-i-lost-block-please-tell-me-im-not-only-one-who-has-done-t108704.html)

MarthaT 03-19-2011 06:02 AM

I thought you were going to say you found it pinned to the wall behind your sewing machine where you used it as a reference for your piecing. I've done that before!

lillybeck 03-19-2011 06:06 AM

I cannot stop laughing. I do this all the time. Yesterday I sewed the same block wron 4 times and finally laid it down and went to another part of the quilt and did the same thing. I know how you feel. I lost my scissors once and found them laying on the machine. lol

quiltingaz 03-19-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Well at least you didn't sew two that were stuck together. Am I the only one that has done that? :oops:

All the time LOL

BettyM 03-19-2011 06:12 AM

I lost 2 the other day - they were on my design wall!

laura59 03-19-2011 06:14 AM

I so know what you mean. I'm making a quilt for dgd's graduation in June. She likes red and black. Well, I didn't have enough red and black in my scraps, so, I went to town and bought more fabric. Brought it home, washed and dried it. Later that afternoon, I was going to press it. Gee, where did it go? Looked on the ironing board, cutting table, waste basket, upstairs, downstairs, all over. Couldn't find it to save my life. The next day I had laundry to do. When I opened the dryer to throw the clothes in, there was the fabric. The one place I didn't look. I didn't look there because I was sure that I had taken it out and set it down. Now I always check the dryer.

phyllvog 03-19-2011 06:18 AM

Sounds like a typical day at my house!

KS quilter 03-19-2011 06:24 AM

Oh yeah! I always thought I was pretty good in math, but
now I'm thinking differently. Seems I always make too many/
If they are 6 or 8" they usually end up as hot pads.

Homemother 03-19-2011 06:26 AM

LOL!!! Really needed a laugh this morning!!!

MNM 03-19-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by gale
I'm sewing along on my blocks, chain piecing happily. I count them and wait-one is missing. I need 8 but only see 7. I look all over the floor, the ironing board, my chair for a good 10 minutes. Nothing. I am sure I cut enough for 8 blocks but maybe I messed up. I start gathering up the fabrics to cut the parts for another block, and lo and behold, there's my 8th block. Still under the presser foot. :roll:

Good one! At least you found it. I just lost one when I was pressing them . Looked all over could not find it , thought I just goofed and did not make enough. Made another one, got all my blocks together and made my placemats. When pressing the finished placemats guess what I found on the floor. Yup,the lost square. Now I have one lonely square. Thinking about making 7 more and another set of placemats. If my sewing room was not such a mess I think I could keep this from happening. Glad you found yours in time. MNM

atvrider 03-19-2011 07:00 AM

I do stuff like that all the time. Here's a good one. I am looking all over the office for some paperwork of a client that had just dropped it off. I am questioning the staff as to what I did with it, have they seen it, how could it just disappear,and then Sharon says what's that in your hand?

See ya.