Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thoughts on Connecting Threads?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thoughts-connecting-threads-t243616.html)

kel_jh 03-20-2014 07:28 PM

Thoughts on Connecting Threads??

For those of you who have purchased thread from Connecting Threads, what do you think about the quality? They advertise it as 50/3 double-mercerized extra-long staple cotton, but the price seems too good to be true. I'm very, very new to quilting and appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks!

erstan947 03-20-2014 07:47 PM

I have used it and like it. For the kind of quilts I make it works well. (scrappy quilts mostly) It is a little linty but for the price I'm not complaining. I've been happy with the fabric I have gotten there as well. Order some and test it out.
that's what I did.

Angel Bear 03-20-2014 07:54 PM

It's the only thread I use for piecing and quilting.

wesing 03-20-2014 08:05 PM

CT is the only thread we us for piecing and quilting. It is linty, but we clean at every bobbin change and it has never caused a problem. We also love their fabric. We just received a fabric order from them. I think it was 48 yards, a Martelli rotary cutter, and some replacement blades for just over $200. Definitely place a small order and see what you think. We use the "natural" color thread 90% of the time, and they have a bunch of clearance fabric for $2.50/yard and up. Shipping is free if your order is over $50.

luvTooQuilt 03-20-2014 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
its linty, but the price is right and they have tons of colors !!! when they had a sale on thier thread hubby got me one of each color and quite a few neutrals..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]468274[/ATTACH]

Onebyone 03-20-2014 08:29 PM

I like the Essential Pro cones the best. It's thin and strong.

SharonTheriault 03-20-2014 10:43 PM

I love their thread. Use it for everything. I don't seem to get the lint... or I just don't look. ;-)

Knitette 03-20-2014 10:58 PM

I'm an Aurifil piecing girl and like Superior King Tut for quilting, but I've used it three times to quilt with now, two of them on a Gammill Long Arm.

The first time on the LA it snapped several times, but on the second (different spool) it didn't break at all. I wouldn't go out of my way to get more (they don't ship to the UK) but I'm happy to use up what I have.

It's far superior to the comparable thread from Thread Art which I didn't like at all. If you like it and it works well for you, then that's all that matters. Happy quilting :)

ckcowl 03-21-2014 12:35 AM

I've been using threads from connecting Threads for 3 or 4 years now- have been very happy with it. I use it for piecing often- use the Essential Pro for long arm quilting- the prices are great, free shipping at $50 (and I can always find that much product to purchase :D) I also use Aurifil often which I buy frequently from Fabric.com and I use silk threads from YLI & Clover for hand piecing-- I generally pick up any invisible threads/specialty threads from Superior Threads.

eparys 03-21-2014 02:05 AM

My Voyager mid arm only like the Essential Pro - I purchase from them all the time. Love the thread.