Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thoughts from Patrice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thoughts-patrice-t166027.html)

deemail 11-04-2011 02:19 PM

can you tell me how to get rid of something on the subscription list once we are finished with that thread?

sorry, found the button...it's inside the actual thread...thanks anyway....

Charlee 11-04-2011 02:23 PM

Patrice, I bow to your superior tact...

Cosy 11-04-2011 02:28 PM

We love you, Patrice. It is the changes that are challenging and even a bit disturbing. But the changes are interesting, and as we learn things, it looks like things will go even better than they did before.

M.Elizabeth 11-04-2011 02:29 PM

Patrice,
There are always complainers and fault-finders - even in church, of all places! Everything computer-related takes time for us older minds to comprehend. I still don't know all the ins and outs with MS operating system 7 and with Photoshop Elements 8. It takes time and practice. I'm sure that's true here. So stay upbeat as much as is possible with all the negatives!
Marcia

mhansen6 11-04-2011 02:30 PM

This is just like my work. We converted to a new ERP system the same day you launched this new website. To say the least I went home and had a couple of glasses of wine Tuesday night. Both are coming to me. The more I work in the ERP system and look around the Quilting Board the more I learn and it is becoming easier to do what I need to do. My husband always says that "The one constant is change. You can either live with it or die." I choose to embrace it and enjoy it. Thank you for all that you do for this board. I truely appreciate it.

BTW I love the archive section.

eparys 11-04-2011 02:32 PM

Thanks Patrice!! I SO agree with Charlee. You all have worked hard - Those of this board who are unhappy will be unhappy no matter what - The site, I am sure, will be tweeked - but for the most part you all have done a nice job with the transition.

Kitsie 11-04-2011 02:35 PM

Could someone please explain the "ignore" button? Where it is and how to use it?
Stick with it,Patrice!! I notice that many negative posts are from "members" that hardly ever contribute to the board! :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by BigDog (Post 4632094)
In my defense, I've never needed to use an ignore button here before, but I took immediate and hostile exception to someone telling me I HAVE to change. Sorry about that.

I know about forums. I know about ignore buttons. I know about forum upgrades. I own a forum and participate in several. Rarely does a forum change or upgrade go smoothly. I understand the frustration from an Admin point of view.

Yes, we'll all get used to it.

Stitchnripper 11-04-2011 02:35 PM

I am one of those that doesn't embrace change easily, but, I am working through learning this new format and expect that with time it will become very comfortable. I am grateful for its existence and thank those "powers that be" for it. I am not quitting or giving up.

Ilovemydogs 11-04-2011 02:37 PM

Thanks for your candid thoughts! I appreciate everything you guys have done to make our site better. It was sad to see some of the negative comments that were out there. I just stopped reading them. It is one thing to be upset with the new changes, but to be "ornery" is another. Keep your chin up! You have a lot of support out there for you and fellow mods and people who designed the site!

ps. what is the ignore button about? I saw it but don't know what to do with it? :-)

katsewnsew 11-04-2011 02:38 PM

WE WILL SURVIVE!!! Thanks Patrice for all you do for us!