Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   thread bunching up underneath (embroidery) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thread-bunching-up-underneath-embroidery-t251944.html)

litacats 08-16-2014 06:07 AM

thread bunching up underneath (embroidery)

I have a Brother 1500D embroidery machine I was embroidering a dolls face when the neadle broke, not problem clean up the bits and pieces clean up the bobbin area replace the neadle and start again, Ha so I thought now the thread is bunching up so try another neadle still bunching up the thread. undid the neadle and riggled it a bit to see if it was sitting properly still bunching up, I am at a total loss.can someone help or do I have to take it back to the Dr again.

Nammie to 7 08-16-2014 07:30 AM

Completely rethread your machine, top and bobbin thread. You also might need to turn the machine off --it is computerized so it may need to "reboot".

DogHouseMom 08-16-2014 07:52 AM

Agree ... rethread the machine. I suspect you missed the take-up arm.

Quiltngolfer 08-16-2014 10:06 AM

Are you sure you got out all of the needle pieces? Be sure to take off the throat plate and clean under it good. Sometimes a needle tip can get down there and mess you up.

ljgraham 08-16-2014 11:36 AM

My brother embroidery is very picky when it comes to bobbin thread. Sometimes I can use pre wound from ABC, and sometimes it acts up and will only use pre wound from my dealer. They said their (dealer) thread is lighter in strenght and wound differently. So when all else fails use thread from the brother dealer.

pattypurple 08-16-2014 03:39 PM

Check your bobbin case ( the black plastic piece that the bobbin sets in). Sometimes when you break a needle it puts a hole in the bobbin case. If you see a small hole in it, sometimes you can file off the rough spot, but more likely you will have to replace it. Unfortunately, I speak from experience

Mitch's mom 08-17-2014 06:06 AM

Completely remove the needle plate and see if there is thread caught in your thread cutter.

Stashelf 08-17-2014 08:01 AM

rethread both top and bobbin and restart. when you restart it will ask you to load last design, say ok and it will take you back to last stitch you sewed.

litacats 08-19-2014 06:00 AM

thank you thank you thank you, I took everyones advice plus, I undid the screw at the back on the base and cleaned that out too plus I took the cover of the tensioner and made sure their was no thread caught in there, the last time it went to the dr it was full of frayed threads. then a week later it was back for the same reason thats when I found out it hated threads other than brother, this time however I replaced the neadle with a cheap neadle from spotlight in Australia they assured it was the correct neadle for the brother machine, it works beautifully in my cheaper brother machine but not the embroidery machine, so after putting everyones advice to good use and some of my own it is working again and no Dr to charge me fees, LOL

twinkie 08-21-2014 03:41 AM

You have already received good advice. Don't have anything else to offer. Good luck.