Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thread from Conmecting Threads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thread-conmecting-threads-t182329.html)

romanojg 03-11-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by TerryQuilter (Post 5050188)
I have a set, but have only used it a couple of times--it seems VERY linty to me, especially the red. I had to vacuum my machine after every bobbin change when I used the red:(. Just got some Aurifil and really like it, but it is linty also. I guess that's just a cotton thread thing.

It must be with your needles or something with your machine. While I just placed my first order for this cotton I've used Aurifil for 3 yrs almost exclusivly and have no problem with lint and most of the other comments on here have said the same thing. I have 3 different machines (makes) and they all love it. Connecting threads say it's low lint so I'm hoping so.

kat13 03-11-2012 08:57 AM

I love the color choices, size of spools and price...but...I can't wait til changing the bobbin to clean the lint. Also i had
trouble with the thread bleeding. I used red and brown on white fabric and when spraying with water to get my
markings out the thread bled onto the white and tried everything and it wouldn't come out so learned that lesson
the hard way!

feline fanatic 03-11-2012 09:11 AM

Dog house mom said it best. I hated the essential pro and thankfully only ordered one cone of it. The essential cotton is so-so. I also found it very linty. I have found too many other threads I like a ton better so I won't be ordering it again.

jeemmerling621 03-11-2012 09:15 AM

I have been really pleased with CT. Yes, it is a little linty, but I always clean my machine after using it, so it's never been a big deal for me. I especially like the thread cones as I have used them for both piecing and quilting. I have never had problems with thread bleeding, but I have taken caution when using their red thread.

When money is tight and 100% cotton thread is less than $3 a spool (and a big spool at that) I just can't pass it up!

Doreen 03-11-2012 01:22 PM

I switched to Superior threads and have given away most of the thread from CT. CT had way too much lint.

0tis 03-11-2012 01:24 PM

I purchased a set and absoulutely love it - I give it two thumbs up.

AngelinaMaria 03-11-2012 02:19 PM

It is so funny to see all the diffeent remarks about lint. I started quilting using Mettler and a few other name brand expensive spools of thread. I was getting a ton of lint on my Janome. Then, I tried the Connecting Threads essential cotton spools and the lint was reduced by at least half if not more. I now have a BabyLock Espire and again no problem with lint. I have now used about 6-8 different colors of CT thread and haven't noticed any problems.

psthreads 03-11-2012 05:07 PM

I have been using the essentail pro in my ansley and like it so far. Have not seen very much lint.

BellaBoo 03-11-2012 08:00 PM

I have a lot of CT threads. My Brother 1500 likes it for machine quilting so I like it.

elliot 03-12-2012 02:50 AM

I have just about every color and it is the only thread I use in my longarm, I have never had a problem with it.