Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thread Cutter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thread-cutter-t140722.html)

true4uca 07-27-2011 02:20 PM

Anyone mess with or replace the thread cutter on your sewing machine. My now always cuts the bobbin threadonly. Once in a while it will also cut both threads if I very slowly push the button. Ant ideas. I'm getting ready to go in. LOL.

bjnicholson 07-27-2011 02:21 PM

Don't have an auto cutter. I just use my scissors. How dull is that?

PaperPrincess 07-27-2011 02:23 PM

None of the thread cutters have ever worked in any of my machines. had them in numerous times, they've replaced the blade, adjusted the cutter etc. never worked...

littleone 07-27-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by true4uca
Anyone mess with or replace the thread cutter on your sewing machine. My now always cuts the bobbin threadonly. Once in a while it will also cut both threads if I very slowly push the button. Ant ideas. I'm getting ready to go in. LOL.

Interested in seeing answer to this. I have a Pfaff and so far cutter works fine, but my needle threader is a pain. Had it replaced twice still not working. give up on that one.

sandilee 07-27-2011 02:27 PM

My thread cutter on my Brother is great, however, like you, I have a hard time with the threader, and I think its me! Just gotta find time to practice using it.

scowlkat 07-27-2011 02:32 PM

I have never had any problem with either my Janome or Babylock auto thread cutters. As to the needle threader on the Janome, I bought the part and installed it on myself when I broke it by insisting that it would thread a #60 needle - guess what? - it wouldn't!

If your machine is under warranty, the thread cutter should be covered under it.

liwilliams 07-27-2011 02:41 PM

I used only my thread cutter (never scissors) for over a year on my Babylock. (And I sew almost everyday.) It's still working fine, and the machine is over 6 years old.

The only time it didn't is when I was in a hurry and moved the fabric before it's finshed swiping the thread.

Linda71 07-27-2011 02:43 PM

I have a Brother NX2000 and the cutter and the threader work great

true4uca 07-27-2011 02:51 PM

My Brother is 5 yrs. old, so no warranty. This started about 4 months ago. Now I'm doing some STD with a lot of stopping & starting. The thread cutter would be so helpful right now. I'm really thinking I need a new machine. Any suggestions for an affordable machine. My must haves--larger throat space, auto threader & auto thread cutter. Oh and needle in right place for 1/4 inch.

Connie in CO 07-27-2011 02:53 PM

My Babylock only has the thread cutter,but i haven't used it that long.I have had my Pfaff over 20 years and I'm still using the same needle threader.You might check that little hook that goes in the needle,it might be bent.
If your thread cutter cuts slow i would think it would cut the thread fast.But maybe it's missing the mark inside going fast.To bad you can't see inside when you are pushing the button.Just one more thing to go wrong with these machines.Connie in CO