Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thread Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thread-question-t29480.html)

Candela59 11-29-2009 08:16 AM

First, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I'm still full!

I have a question about the thread sold on www.connectingthreads.com. I was wondering if anyone here has used it before? What you thought of it if you did. The price just seems too good to be true and I am really tempted by the color sets that are available.

I'm trying very hard not to be like a kid in a candy store! But with all of the beautiful fabrics and threads I think it is a losing battle! :wink:

Being a new quilter it is very hard for me to even know what kind of thread is best... and I don't want to wind up with 10 spools of inferior thread!

Thanks for the help!

sewjoyce 11-29-2009 08:19 AM

I love their thread!!!! I'd suggest trying a small thread pack. I use a lot of "neutral" colors when I piece: white, off white; black and gray. And actually, it seems I use the gray the most :D

tlrnhi 11-29-2009 08:21 AM

I've ordered from them TONS of times and LOVE their thread!

Eddie 11-29-2009 08:23 AM

I love it, too. I've bought every set they have, and also their cones. For the price, it's wonderful, and it is SOOOO much better than the Coats & Clark thread you can get at Wal-Mart. And it more for less money than C&C. This is one of those instances where it really is true that it is good!

LindaR 11-29-2009 08:47 AM

I use it all the time too, even for quilting on the frame...

Marcia 11-29-2009 08:53 AM

Ditto everyone else's comments. I love their thread---and the price IS too good to be true, so I recently ordered 35 spools!!!

So, be a kid in a candy shop and treat yourself to some great thread!!!

fireworkslover 11-29-2009 08:54 AM

I've thought the same thing after going to their site. The prices are great even when not on sale for the thread. I bought the beiges set and since trying them have bought one of the bright colors set. I also bought large spools of thread for quilting and 'down the road' borrowing a quilting machine from a friend, for any large quilts I want to use her machine for. I thought I should at least use my own thread, even tho I'm using her machine and electricty. I highly suggest you get some thread from Connecting Threads.

patricej 11-29-2009 08:58 AM

like everybody else, i've been very impressed by the connecting threads brand.

i'm fighting the urge to buy ALL those colors, too. they're just too darned pretty to resist. :P

BellaBoo 11-29-2009 09:38 AM

I have a spool of every brand of thread sold at quilt shows! I have used them all. I buy the big cones from Connecting Threads for piecing and have lots of the thread sets. I use it for machine quilting. I haven't had a problem with their thread. I have tried a new thread called Glide from Fil Tec, it's very good for machine quilting too. I like a thin thread for the bobbin at least a size 60, I don't care what brand. I try not to buy any thread that has a well known quilters name on it. Any good thread I can get a lifetime supply of I would endorse it too.

Candela59 11-29-2009 10:06 AM

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback!

I knew I would get tons of help with this.

You're an awesome group! :D