Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Thumb Versus the Sewing Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/thumb-versus-sewing-machine-t124746.html)

Airwick156 05-21-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by redmadder
I've done it twice. Not bad for 38 years of sewing.

OMG. I swear, if I wasn't gray haired, I would be a ditzy redhead (I used to be a carrot top).
I just read where you say your location was North AND South Georgia...and I sat here probably for a good 30 seconds trying to figure out where those states were....then the lightbulb lit up and I realized you were IN Georgia both in the South AND North at various times. LOLOL. Oh gosh too funny. Don't pay me no mind. Made a good chuckle at least.

OHSue 05-21-2011 03:24 PM

My stomach did flip flops just reading this. Never been impaled, but have done some accidental home surgery with the rotary cutter.

redmadder 05-21-2011 03:26 PM

ROFLMAO. Only 30 seconds?

Painiacs 05-21-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156

OMG. I swear, if I wasn't gray haired, I would be a ditzy redhead (I used to be a carrot top).
I just read where you say your location was North AND South Georgia...and I sat here probably for a good 30 seconds trying to figure out where those states were....then the lightbulb lit up and I realized you were IN Georgia both in the South AND North at various times. LOLOL. Oh gosh too funny. Don't pay me no mind. Made a good chuckle at least.

North and south ? Lmao! That was good! I'd of done the same!

Tartan 05-21-2011 06:40 PM

I sewed through my index finger. That would have been bad enough but you know that instinctive urge to pull your hand away when injured? Yowzer did that make a mess as I ripped the needle out through the side. It's been years but I totally feel your pain!

skydiver70 05-21-2011 06:43 PM

No, you aren't the only one. I am proof. My thumb still has the dot where it bled under the nail. I found out the machine would see through thick objects. LOL

sherriequilts 05-21-2011 06:45 PM

I learned early, like about 60 years ago! but then I have gone many years without sewing! Now I have been quilting for 9 years. So far, sew good!

sweetpea 05-21-2011 06:50 PM

been there done that. on the farm, all by myself. have to go to the toolbox to get it out.

Barb44 05-21-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by sweetpea
been there done that. on the farm, all by myself. have to go to the toolbox to get it out.

We're a tough lot, we quilters. Reminds me of the old westerns where the cowboy got shot in the leg and took out the bullet himself with his knife and a bottle of whiskey.

Dandish 05-21-2011 07:22 PM

Yep, once. Put the needle right through the middle of my middle finger fingernail...I couldn't pull it out, had to wait for DH to get home to do it with pliers...I have a pic somewhere...