Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tiara II foot pedal problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tiara-ii-foot-pedal-problem-t298642.html)

CarmenA 08-01-2018 04:43 PM

Tiara II foot pedal problem

I have a Babylock Tiara II and it has been giving me a fit forever with the pedal foot sticking. It seems to be more of a problem when I am trying to do ruler work. I begin to press the pedal and nothing happens, then all of a sudden I get two or three wild needle jumps. I took it back to see if it needed servicing and they said there was nothing wrong with it. I started quilting again but I keep getting these hiccups. Does anyone else have that problem? If it hadn't been so expensive, I would have thrown it out the window!

sewbizgirl 08-01-2018 04:51 PM

Your dealer definitely needs to take care of that for you!

QuiltingVagabond 08-01-2018 05:35 PM

Are you set on manual or using the stitch regulator?

Rhonda K 08-02-2018 04:55 AM

Did you try the foot pedal at the dealer to see if it skipped stitches on a different machine? Hopefully, they have one of your models in stock.

Recheck the connection plug for the foot pedal. Is it in the machine all the way?

Recheck the machine setting preferences to make sure they are in the right set-up. Hope you are stitching again soon!

CarmenA 08-02-2018 09:48 AM

I went to where I purchased it and they replaced the foot pedal but now it's doing the same thing. The place I purchased it was sold and they no longer carry it, so I can't even try theirs. I took it back and was told there was nothing wrong with it.

CarmenA 08-02-2018 09:48 AM

I'm set on manual. It almost sounds like it's on stitch regulator at times, but it's not.

Peckish 08-02-2018 12:06 PM

I had that issue with a different brand of machine. Took the pedal apart and it was full of lint, dust, and hair. Cleaned it all out and it's good as new.

Sometimes the techs are lazy.... :thumbdown:

Rhonda K 08-02-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by CarmenA (Post 8104526)
I went to where I purchased it and they replaced the foot pedal but now it's doing the same thing. The place I purchased it was sold and they no longer carry it, so I can't even try theirs. I took it back and was told there was nothing wrong with it.

Is there another dealer close to you? Is this a new machine under warranty? Can you take a video to show them the issue you are having with it?

Did you check the BL site?

Are there any UPDATES for this machine? Check your machine and make sure you have the latest UPDATE. They should be performed in order.

Is there anUPGRADE for your machine? UPGRADES are purchased from the dealer. These are separate from UPDATES.

Problems are frustrating but don't give up!

CarmenA 08-04-2018 03:34 PM

I rechecked the plug. Unfortunately, still not working right. Thanks all for the help. I'm still not sure what to do.