Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TICKED OFF AT MYSELF (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ticked-off-myself-t128328.html)

Pat G 06-05-2011 05:18 PM

Well, I did a really stupid thing today. I'm doing FMQ on the first quilt ( a throw) that I've tackled to FMQ when I discovered I had stitched one corner up into the stitching. Duuuh. How often have you had to remove those hundreds of tiny stitches? You can bet I was more careful with the rest.
Of course, once I had all of the blocks done, I discovered one more. Rats. Now it's back to the machine.

I have to admit I kept hearing you guys in my head telling me to relax my shoulders, run machine fast & hands slow. You also taught me to use strongers needles so I haven't broken one since. What a smart grp. you are!

tjradj 06-05-2011 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have all been there. I even stitched my slider to the underside of a quilt. I've also run through the head of a pin lately.

I don't think this is what "they" mean when they say not to stitch over pins ha ha
[ATTACH=CONFIG]207300[/ATTACH]

Pat G 06-05-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
We have all been there. I even stitched my slider to the underside of a quilt. I've also run through the head of a pin lately.

Your pin is funny. I've done that, too, but only put one hole in it. You had to be very clever to put that many holes. LOL

Since you mention your slider, that was a big prob. I had with my quilt. So much friction on mach. & acrylic table. So many have said they had trouble with sliders that I gave up thinking of getting one.
My acrylic extension table was all over the place, too, even though I have it on nonskid stuff. This was my first time at FMQ a pc. that lg. so I struggled with it. I don't know how people work with queen & king sizes.

TXyankee 06-05-2011 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Well, I did a really stupid thing today. I'm doing FMQ on the first quilt ( a throw) that I've tackled to FMQ when I discovered I had stitched one corner up into the stitching. Duuuh. How often have you had to remove those hundreds of tiny stitches? You can bet I was more careful with the rest.
Of course, once I had all of the blocks done, I discovered one more. Rats. Now it's back to the machine.

I have to admit I kept hearing you guys in my head telling me to relax my shoulders, run machine fast & hands slow. You also taught me to use strongers needles so I haven't broken one since. What a smart grp. you are!

I hate when that happens! :cry:

eparys 06-05-2011 05:29 PM

Welcome!! You are a member of a VERY exclusive club - lol!!

Pat G 06-05-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by eparys
Welcome!! You are a member of a VERY exclusive club - lol!!

Right now I feel like the president. LOL

deedum 06-05-2011 05:40 PM

your not the only one ticked off, I am doing FM on a quilt I have labeled as the quilt from he** To get it finished my son and his fiance helped me sandwich and pin it last night while talking over their very new engagement! That was the fun part, now that I am into the fm, I have decided I totally dislike the thread, supposely good quality thread but not for FM. I have tried this thread before and came to the same conclusion, when do I learn?I am determined to finish it though, I can always keep it for myself or donate it which might be the best! Running over the pins is easy, done it quite a few times.

deedum 06-05-2011 05:40 PM

your not the only one ticked off, I am doing FM on a quilt I have labeled as the quilt from he** To get it finished my son and his fiance helped me sandwich and pin it last night while talking over their very new engagement! That was the fun part, now that I am into the fm, I have decided I totally dislike the thread, supposely good quality thread but not for FM. I have tried this thread before and came to the same conclusion, when do I learn?I am determined to finish it though, I can always keep it for myself or donate it which might be the best! Running over the pins is easy, done it quite a few times.

deedum 06-05-2011 05:41 PM

oops, sorry for the double post!

Pat G 06-05-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
oops, sorry for the double post!

What prob. are you having with thread?