Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tiger Tape ?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tiger-tape-t156076.html)

teddysmom 09-26-2011 04:36 PM

Has anyone used Tiger Tape to help with hand stitching? If so, did you help you get your stitches smaller?

MellieKQuilter 09-26-2011 04:49 PM

I had a hard time with it sticking to the fabric...

Hinterland 09-26-2011 04:59 PM

I didn't care for it - it didn't stick well and it was more of a distraction. That may just be me, because I also don't like using masking tape to mark straight lines.

If you're really concerned about making smaller stitches, try using checkered fabric as a practice piece.

Janet

teddysmom 09-26-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
I didn't care for it - it didn't stick well and it was more of a distraction. That may just be me, because I also don't like using masking tape to mark straight lines.

If you're really concerned about making smaller stitches, try using checkered fabric as a practice piece.

Janet

Thanks, I like that idea. I have some scraps of checkered fabric that I'll start practicing on.

quiltsRfun 09-26-2011 10:31 PM

I used it when doing the embroidery on crazy quilt blocks. It really helped me get the stitches even. Haven't used it for hand quilting.

Jill 09-27-2011 12:33 AM

Ditto for the checkered fabric. I bought tiger tape and thought it was a waste of money. The checks worked much, much better.

teddysmom 09-27-2011 03:56 AM

Thanks for all your replies. Think I'll skip the Tiger tape and practice on some gingham scraps I have.

dunster 09-27-2011 04:13 AM

Your question made me think of my one and only hand quilting class. There was that one lady in class - the type who seems to pop up regularly in my classes - who had taken a hand quilting class once before, and remembered just a little of what she had learned in it. And of course her first instructor was the one who had to be right. This lady kept asking for tiger tape. The instructor told her very nicely that she didn't need it for this class, and even told her why, but after hearing the request several more times the instructor finally got her some tiger tape.

teddysmom 09-27-2011 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
Your question made me think of my one and only hand quilting class. There was that one lady in class - the type who seems to pop up regularly in my classes - who had taken a hand quilting class once before, and remembered just a little of what she had learned in it. And of course her first instructor was the one who had to be right. This lady kept asking for tiger tape. The instructor told her very nicely that she didn't need it for this class, and even told her why, but after hearing the request several more times the instructor finally got her some tiger tape.

Did the Tiger tape work for her?

dunster 09-27-2011 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by teddysmom

Originally Posted by dunster

Did the Tiger tape work for her?

I don't think anything would have worked for her. :(

Edit: If you go into a class with the attitude that you aren't going to listen to the instructor and do things her way, at least for the duration of the class, then you might as well not be taking the class IMHO.