Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Time Management. Taking a poll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/time-management-taking-poll-t217194.html)

yweinst 03-24-2013 01:10 PM

I have to set an alarm so I know when I have to stop quilting. I have a daily one set for when I have to pick up my son from school.

amyjo 03-24-2013 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by BDawn (Post 5950910)
no clock in my sewing room...I have a husband I use to judge the time by...

Me too, he always comes to ask if you are done working and can we go eat? I sometimes say I have lots to do yet--go feed yourself, I'm not your mother or your slave!!!!!!! That tell it like it is. Amy

michelleoc 03-24-2013 02:20 PM

I don't have a clock in my sewing room. I just refer to my watch periodically.

happyquiltmom 03-24-2013 02:41 PM

I do have a clock. It's above my computer desk, which is across the room from my sewing station. However, I don't have much time to sew anyway, since I work quite a bit. I do try to get some done on my day off. In the evenings, I usually sit downstairs in my recliner, hand quilt and "watch" TV with DH.

joyce888 03-24-2013 02:46 PM

Yes I've got a clock in my sewing room. Need to know when my favorite shows are on and when I need to get busy doing something else.

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-24-2013 02:52 PM

Yes I have a clock in the room I sew in, but I don't look at it too much.

deedum 03-24-2013 02:57 PM

Oh yes I have a clock in my sewing room. I NEED IT because I sew before I go to work, and if I don't go to work I won't have any money to sew, LOL I also sew before I go to bed, and if I didn't have my clock, I would sew in to the wee hours of the morning, then I would be too tired to work.LOL

JulieR 03-24-2013 03:01 PM

I don't have a clock in the sewing room. I very seldom have the free time to spend hours in the sewing room, and when I do I take full advantage of it.

carrieg 03-24-2013 03:06 PM

Yes, I have a small clock. I'm of a generation that uses clocks. I don't have a laptop & my cell phone is a prepaid thing that stays in my purse.

nhweaver 03-24-2013 03:07 PM

I am a time watcher. I have a timer by the computer, by my sewing machine. I multitask all day (work at home realtor), I have been known to put a cake in the oven and go up stairs and start sewing, only to brought to attention by the smell of something burnt. I am a bit hyper, and when I am sewing something that is boring (like strip binding), or making intricate blocks, I set goals. Like, "I am going to sew this for 15 minutes before I take a coffee break), It keeps me on task. I cannot seem to sit for any length of time, so I sew, I compute, make a few business calls, type a few letters, go down stairs and dust a bit, take the dogs for a walk, straighten out some fabric, go through some boxes in that attic that haven't been opened since we moved here (7 years ago). Garden a bit, put a cake together, all by lunch time.