Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Time for the New Year DIET resolutions!(quilt related ones) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/time-new-year-diet-resolutions-quilt-related-ones-t173874.html)

jaciqltznok 12-31-2011 10:07 AM

Time for the New Year DIET resolutions!(quilt related ones)

My diet this year is not one of FOOD..though I am giving up sugar completely, but one of QUILTY/CRAFTY things.
I hereby vow to not BUY anything unless I am 100% sure I need it to complete a project.
Anyone who knows me, knows that there is absolutely NOTHING that I could ever need to finish ANY project..no matter what the medium is.

How about YOU...anyone else going on a sewing/crafting diet this year?
I know it will be hard, with so many online and brick/morter shops closing this year, but I vow to remain strong in this! Besides..I am too poor to buy anything..so..that should help me stay focused!

auntpiggylpn 12-31-2011 10:10 AM

I am not buying any quilt kits or fabric to make anything for myself because it never gets done! I have stacks and stacks of fabric and patterns just for me and they always get pushed aside. Maybe a better resolution would be to FINALLY make something for myself!!! Okay, I'm going with that one: I WILL MAKE SOMETHING FOR MYSELF!!!!!!

raedar63 12-31-2011 10:14 AM

Boy do I need to stick with this one , and the sugar too! Trouble is that fabric is so much prettier than it used to be! But I must get rid of tons of it and that is a fact!

skrucker 12-31-2011 10:27 AM

2011 was a horrible year for me, one that made me age at least 20 years (and I have the gray hair to prove it!). This year my New Year resolution is to put myself first and take care of my health. Also to buy myself all the quilty gadgets that I had to do without in 2011. Looking forward to a calmer and more structured 2012!

jaciqltznok 12-31-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 4827600)
I am not buying any quilt kits or fabric to make anything for myself because it never gets done! I have stacks and stacks of fabric and patterns just for me and they always get pushed aside. Maybe a better resolution would be to FINALLY make something for myself!!! Okay, I'm going with that one: I WILL MAKE SOMETHING FOR MYSELF!!!!!!

how many of us can relate to this one????
I NEVER do anything for myself...which is why I do not own ANY of the things I cross stitched for nearly 10 years...everyone in the family got a wedding sampler, then the kids got birth samplers...I have NOTHING..not ever for MY own kids..sigh..

Quiltngolfer 12-31-2011 10:32 AM

I resolve to finish all my current UFOs next year. That is going to be a lot of work because I have several left that I didn't get finished this year-5!

auntpiggylpn 12-31-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4827664)
how many of us can relate to this one????
I NEVER do anything for myself...which is why I do not own ANY of the things I cross stitched for nearly 10 years...everyone in the family got a wedding sampler, then the kids got birth samplers...I have NOTHING..not ever for MY own kids..sigh..

Jacquie, let's make it our year then! Let's make something just for us, nobody else! I have absolutely nothing to show for the over 25 years that I have crafted. Oh, don't get me wrong, I can visit my creations at everybody else's homes!!! I'm going to do it, I'm going to make myself something and my goal is to have it done by the end of March (only because I have 2 quilts to finish and 2 baby quilts to make first) lol!

toadmomma 12-31-2011 11:42 AM

My 2012year is to finish all UFO, at least 1 a month, organize my sewing room and sewing storage room, not buy any fabric unless needed to finish a project, and cut out sugar. wish me luck.

luvTooQuilt 12-31-2011 11:57 AM

I like your idea.. I have enough fabrics for tops but not wide fabrics for backing.. Id like to 'try' and either finish a UFO or make a quilt every month...

So here goes it... Im up for the challenge..

charmpacksplus 12-31-2011 01:31 PM

My quilty resolution is to finish more quilts and have less UFOs. I've learned a little free motion quilting and think I can keep that resolution :-) As for the food resolution, I gave up sugar last year in April. No candy, cakes, pies, ice cream and NO SOFT DRINKS. That was my biggest problem, along with portion control. I have lost 50 pounds without much effort. I exercise a little, but I wouldn't say I do it everyday or even every week. I feel so much better now. I'm sure I still get plenty of sugar in the Fiber One cereal, Silk, and an ocassional drizzle of ketchup or a sweet pickle but I don't have a sweet tooth anymore. Sugar is the enemy!