Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TIME well spent (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/time-well-spent-t89638.html)

just_the_scraps_m'am 01-11-2011 01:48 PM

seems as late i have been cutting,cutting,cutting, but nothing to show for it!
when you have chosen a pattern for your project, do you spend more time on--fabric choices, cutting, layout, actual sewing, cleaning up, or procrastination...? OR WHAT?

JulieR 01-11-2011 01:53 PM

Second guessing.

MommaDorian 01-11-2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by JulieR
Second guessing.

Me too!!!

roguequilter 01-11-2011 01:54 PM

lollollol.,...all of the above!!! esp w/large project. i preview fabs after i have drafted pattern. take pics...then preview how they look from that perspective. i use eq6 + drafting pad...at same time. even for how i want to do the backing...eq6 esp for that. then i make sample block...hmmm...no like? try another color approach...oh yeah! like that...or hmmm....both good... but essentially i try to have everything in order before i start cutting out all pieces...from fab selection/combination, block[s] sample, design layout and then start cutting when i have all organized...i have an online quilt chat freind in europe that say that i tend to over-organize [esp my bookmark files lollollol] but i think that it makes the whole process sooooo much more enjoyable...and since i quilt for fun [and sometimes profit] that is the bottom line for me - FUN :)). and of course procrastination at every step...ya just gotta step back and think about it - sames time and money in long run. and i clean as i work...helps keep organized at each step of the process.

erstan947 01-11-2011 01:58 PM

I get bored very quickly. I don't usually cut out everything for a quilt and then sew all pieces in a certain set then go to the next step. I cut a while, sew a while and finish a block or two and then repeat. I know it would go faster to finish all of step 1 then step 2, etc. I'm not after speed. I just want to see results and enjoy the process.

RkayD 01-11-2011 02:00 PM

it makes you crazy but when you finally get to the sewing part it goes so fast. =)

just_the_scraps_m'am 01-11-2011 02:05 PM

roguequilter you sound like such a perfectionist! and i'm sure your work shows it! you GO girl!

amma 01-11-2011 02:14 PM

All of the above :roll: :D:D:D

Vanessa17 01-11-2011 02:54 PM

me too!

Originally Posted by erstan947
I get bored very quickly. I don't usually cut out everything for a quilt and then sew all pieces in a certain set then go to the next step. I cut a while, sew a while and finish a block or two and then repeat. I know it would go faster to finish all of step 1 then step 2, etc. I'm not after speed. I just want to see results and enjoy the process.

Stitchnripper 01-11-2011 02:59 PM

"me too!

erstan947 wrote:
I get bored very quickly. I don't usually cut out everything for a quilt and then sew all pieces in a certain set then go to the next step. I cut a while, sew a while and finish a block or two and then repeat. I know it would go faster to finish all of step 1 then step 2, etc. I'm not after speed. I just want to see results and enjoy the process."

Me too!!