Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tin Lizzie owners? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tin-lizzie-owners-t263910.html)

milly35 04-12-2015 05:57 AM

Tin Lizzie owners?

I know that most L/A owners love their machines. I am have researching midarm and long arm machines and test drove the TinLizzie 18 ESP at a Quilt Show this weekend. Just looking for some input on TinLizzie machines.

btiny36 04-12-2015 06:32 AM

I love love my tin lizzie although I have the older model so I can't say much about your machine, but I'm looking to upgrade and it will probably be another TinLizzie. I have not had one problem with my machine (other than human error lol) and purchased it in 2009. There is a yahoo group just for TinLizzie and it's the greatest place for answers and help. Tinlizzie has a great great support team that you can call.

PaperPrincess 04-12-2015 08:25 AM

I had a love/hate relationship with mine. It would take any thread in the top and bobbin, and the tension was easy to set and maintain. However, the stitch regulator quit after about 6 months of light use. I had a difficult time obtaining support from TinLizzie. After several attempts to contact them by phone and email, and not receiving a reply, they sent me a nice glossy brochure for their new models. I traded it in on a HandiQuilter.

milly35 04-12-2015 01:30 PM

Its interesting. I have not been able to locate much information/feedback about Tin Lizzie.

Onebyone 04-12-2015 05:33 PM

One guild member has a Tin Lizzie and she has not been able to get any customer service for it. She has emailed and called with no response at all. I don't understand how some can get replies and others not. I would be worried the customer support is not up to par.

milly35 04-12-2015 06:14 PM

Thank you. That is the feeling I am getting.

Dina 04-12-2015 06:49 PM

There have been several discussions on Tin Lizzies here. I searched and found this one right off....

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...k-t224640.html

Perhaps it will be helpful. Put Tin Lizzie in the search thing at the top right and you will find others. You may have to go back a ways, but I remember at least two more threads about Tin Lizzie.

If you have a way to try one out, like at a quilt show, that is what I would do if I was looking. ( edited...Okay, I just reread your post, and you did try one out. You know, if you did and you liked it....then I would go for it. There was a pretty nifty display at the last quilt show I went to. If I had room for a long arm, I might have considered the sit down one.... I would want to have a dealer not too far away thought, because I think I would need classes to figure it all out. :) )

Dina

milly35 04-13-2015 07:08 AM

thank you Dina.

MaryStoaks 04-13-2015 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36 (Post 7162294)
I love love my tin lizzie although I have the older model so I can't say much about your machine, but I'm looking to upgrade and it will probably be another TinLizzie. I have not had one problem with my machine (other than human error lol) and purchased it in 2009. There is a yahoo group just for TinLizzie and it's the greatest place for answers and help. Tinlizzie has a great great support team that you can call.

This is also my experience with Tin Lizzie. I bought mine, second hand, it's an early model. Any problems have been user error. Mine is now over 10 years old, my friends and I quilt about 50 quilts a year between us. I think it's probably time to have it serviced and updated. I would buy another just like it!

Cindy60545 04-14-2015 03:25 AM

I have the stripped down version, the Queen Quilter 18. I bought it used 3 years ago. I have had some trouble other than operator error & Tin Lizzie had helped me with it. They're a little slow at getting to you, but have responded. The ESP version is a good machine & you'll enjoy her. I'm looking to upgrade mine to the Ansley 26 ESP or the Artistic 26 DX (which is the same machine.)