Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too many projects and no desire to sew (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-many-projects-no-desire-sew-t181046.html)

Handcraftsbyjen 02-28-2012 02:54 PM

Too many projects and no desire to sew

Am I the only one who has several projects in the works and deadlines to meet and just don't feel like working on any of them? I need to sew 4 wall hangings, a baby quilt, jar openers, and several BOMs (of which I'm behind) and today I just have no desire to cut, iron or sew. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have this happen.

azwendyg 02-28-2012 02:57 PM

Wow, that's a lot of projects to have going with deadlines. I find that I'm much happier and feel more like I enjoy sewing/quilting when I don't have deadlines to meet and can just do it for pleasure.

QuiltnNan 02-28-2012 03:02 PM

i agree with wendy. but when i get into a crunch, i make myself work on one project until i can't anymore. then i go to another and come back to the first when i feel a little better.

myfrenchawakening 02-28-2012 03:03 PM

Jen,
Sometimes I just sit and don't think about all your projects just think about how much you love the person you are sewing for and how much you appreciate them in your life. You will pick up that needle and three again very quickly. Have a lovely day, Therese

Earleen 02-28-2012 03:05 PM

I have days like that and quite a few of them. I seem to work better under pressure, some how I seem to get them done. Hang in there.

Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen (Post 5016846)
Am I the only one who has several projects in the works and deadlines to meet and just don't feel like working on any of them? I need to sew 4 wall hangings, a baby quilt, jar openers, and several BOMs (of which I'm behind) and today I just have no desire to cut, iron or sew. Please tell me I'm not the only one to have this happen.

cmrenno 02-28-2012 03:07 PM

Try working on one thing for 15 minutes. I think you have so much on your plate that you are overwelmed. You will be surprised at what you can accomplish in 15 minutes. I would suggest starting with the project closest to completion. Once you get on a roll you'll be fine. We are all pulling for you!!!

Handcraftsbyjen 02-28-2012 03:09 PM

Thanks! I've also been traveling and doing a lot of lectures and workshops and I'm just worn out. I keep thinking of the old TV commercial 'Calgon, take me away!' lol

katyfitz 02-28-2012 03:25 PM

I get that way a lot. Due to a job that doesn't have a clear ending -- 24 hour call, etc, I really only have Friday and part of Saturday to immerse myself in projects. Sometimes, those days roll around and I have no interest. I don't fight it anymore. If the motivation is not there, it will be on another day.

sandilee 02-28-2012 03:59 PM

I had to put my quilting "up" for the time being. I have a new granddaughter and am enjoying her. I had a baby quilt almost finished, only needed binding and I am disappointed that I didn't get that finished first. After I finish helping out with new granddaughter I will get it out.

gayle bong 02-28-2012 04:04 PM

Trust my, you are not the only one. Been there lots of times. I try not to work with deadlines. That makes it hard.
Maybe take some time for that bath in Calgon then organize your stuff by priority. So often, all it takes is one little seam to get me going again. On the other hand, if your schedule has been that full, maybe you are burnt out. That happened to me once after I'd just published my 5th book. It took me almost a year to recover! So be careful not to take on too much.