Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   too much fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-much-fabric-t34857.html)

bibiche 01-22-2010 06:55 PM

It must be bad when the people who work in the fabric store think you have too much fabric. My local fabric store was having a sale. I wanted two yards of a certain fabric, but well, there were only four yards total and it was only $2 a yard...

me:"I'll just take all of it. I'm sure I can find something to do with it."
saleswoman:"Yeah, like pile it on top of all that fabric you already have."
:|
:oops:

2 Much Fabric 01-22-2010 06:57 PM

Well... you're in the right place here...

littlehud 01-22-2010 06:59 PM

Don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it if I love fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, maybe it's and addiction. I can stop anytime I want. (OK I can't) You are just one of us. A fabric junkie.

samroberts01 01-22-2010 07:09 PM

It is very addicting!! I feel like I need to buy something all the time now, I never realized this is what would happen!

Jim's Gem 01-22-2010 07:10 PM

LOL. Been there, done that. They sill want to sell to me though!!!

MNQuilter 01-22-2010 07:12 PM

I was at the Mill End Textile store yesterday and they have some of the designer fabrics for about half the quilt shops. I so wanted so much of it but managed to restrain myself! I'm not allowed to start anything new until I finish a couple of projects. :0( They had this gorgeous batik for $4/yd! Just don't know what I would have done with it!

tslowery 01-22-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Don't judge me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't help it if I love fabric. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK, maybe it's and addiction. I can stop anytime I want. (OK I can't) You are just one of us. A fabric junkie.

Welcome to the world of addiction Hello My Name Is Teresa and I am addicted to all of the known quilting addictions and I am a Newbie....

Chasing Hawk 01-22-2010 07:35 PM

One can never have too much fabric. I am a self confessed fabricholic.

Mousie 01-22-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by bibiche
It must be bad when the people who work in the fabric store think you have too much fabric. My local fabric store was having a sale. I wanted two yards of a certain fabric, but well, there were only four yards total and it was only $2 a yard...

me:"I'll just take all of it. I'm sure I can find something to do with it."
saleswoman:"Yeah, like pile it on top of all that fabric you already have."
:|
:oops:

ew, bibiche, you got a hold of one of them jealous cutters for yourself!:mrgreen:
I have a room full of fabrics and DD and I were talking once about the teasing I get.
I said, "For all they know, I'm a fabric collector and what difference does it make if I use it all or not, as long as I am enjoying myself?"
DD completely agreed it was my hobby and I could do as I please, if that meant never finishing another doggone thing. That is only one of the many reasons I love her so much :XD:

bibiche 01-22-2010 07:54 PM

Ah, home sweet home. Thanks all, I feel much better. ;)