Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Totally bad experience at LQS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/totally-bad-experience-lqs-t72812.html)

RevPam 10-28-2010 12:16 PM

I am appalled at the treatment you both received, but it isn't just LQS's. Unfortunately, there are many retail establishments that discourage the customer's business. It's so sad.

pojo 10-28-2010 12:19 PM

That is very true it is every where now days.

Where is respect for the individual anymore.

Yes, I too wear Jeans and T-Shirts and I'm not changing my dress code for anyone in this world.

bearisgray 10-28-2010 12:23 PM

Spending money at these places is optional.

If the experience was unpleasant, don't repeat it.

Lynn Luker 10-28-2010 12:38 PM

What a crazy store & owner. I got an email from a LQS in my area yesterday, thanking me for shopping with them, and listing all the benefits of a walk in store vs. on line shopping. THEY realize how much business they can lose if we all start shopping on line. They have a beautiful store with many helpful employees. We had another LQS in town close this month. I don't know why;(they were very good too) but with the current economy I would think each LQS would treat every customer as a precious gem!

quilterjody 10-28-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Spending money at these places is optional.

If the experience was unpleasant, don't repeat it.

I totally agree. Don't reward bad behavior.

Ramona Byrd 10-28-2010 12:43 PM

Last year or so one of our top rated, read Expensive, stores closed their doors. It did have some lovely stuff, but finding a sales clerk (or whatever it is they want to be called) was almost impossible.
And, since I dress mostly for comfort in jeans and Tshirts, with lace up cowboy ropers (comfortable for a badly broken ankle) the one clerk I saw for a long time would rush by me to wait on any lady dressed to the teeth. I usually said to heck with it and left, as did a lot of others. And one of the fancy dressed women? I saw and heard her and husband in a McDonald's , arguing about what bill to pay next and what to let pass that month.

There's one in another town I love, one clerk who is an older lady and helpful, asks what I want and takes me to it and then goes away till I wonder around more. I LIKE that store and have told the clerk how much the shopping experience means to me.

amandasgramma 10-28-2010 12:53 PM

Normally, I say to write or call the owner because the owners don't deserve to lose business because of a lousy employee. But in this case, the owner deserves what she gets -- or doesn't get (your dollars). She'll be out of business soon. Talking about customers is a BIG no-no!!!!

A lesson I learned many years ago (in the 60s) and is a true story. The local car dealership was selling cadillacs -- in those days they were the spendiest cars you could get just about. A man walked into the dealership wearing black rubber boots, overalls, flannel shirt and a floppy hat. He was a little on the dirty side. The owner of the dealership looked down from his window and saw the man leaving....while the 2 salesman were just standing there. He ran down, but couldn't catch the man. He asked the salesmen why they didn't help him. They said "he didn't have enough money for these cars". The owner informed them that THAT man owned the largest plywood mill in the state. Yip -- he went down the street and bought TWO of their most expensive cars with CASH....and told that dealership what happened. The 2nd dealership's owner called 1st guy and laughed his head off....... NEVER EVER judge a book by its cover!!!! :mrgreen:

CarrieAnne 10-28-2010 12:54 PM

I would never go back there again!

drgranny 10-28-2010 12:56 PM

A few years ago I totaled my van and was shopping for a replacement. My DH and I were riding in his old work van that seen better days. We drove into this car lot and wanted to look around. I found a nice van that I wanted to look. Had to go get the salesman from the office and ask to look at the van. He said they were about to close. When we left I told my DH that the salesman thought we didn't have any money to really buy a car. And we laughed. We were going to pay cash.

luvTooQuilt 10-28-2010 12:58 PM

What snobs.. I wouldn't go back either..

I live in the country. well not too long after moving here I found this little quilt shop.. Has some fabric but not tons of it as its a really small shop that mainly does quilting services.. I walked in looking for baby fabric for my baby quilts.. Well wouldn't you know it, I left my wallet at home... They only accept cash so even my emergency CC was not going to do me any good.. Well they quilted probably two of my quilts by that time. So they knew me but they didn't really know me.. Well, I stated that id come by in the next few days to pick up a few yards of fabric since I didn't have cash to pay..The shop owner cut up may fabric, and said to pay her the next time I was coming into town.. I came home and told hubby what had happened..Holy Cow, I was completely shocked .. Not to mention impressed, honored and very humbled... I made the effort to go back the very next day to pay for my $40 purchase..