Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Triangle Frenzy pattern - question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/triangle-frenzy-pattern-question-t291664.html)

gingergrandma 10-05-2017 11:58 PM

I have the one that is 12" long. This became my favorite ruler. Made lots of triangle frenzy runners and table toppers. Mine is the created grid one.

Rennie 10-06-2017 06:04 AM

Thanks so much for all the replies ! Great info and great suggestions. Hope to get started on it this week-end - once I go to lqs and find a border/stripe fabric that I would love!

SuziSew 10-06-2017 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rennie (Post 7920399)
Thanks so much for all the replies ! Great info and great suggestions. Hope to get started on it this week-end - once I go to lqs and find a border/stripe fabric that I would love!

You know, you aren't limited to border print fabric, just sew some strip sets together in the width you want. I've done this a couple of times.

Three Dog Night 10-06-2017 08:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have both the 10 and 12 inch rulers. Bought the smaller one first and then I bought a bigger border print fabric so bought larger one. The harvest table topper was made with the smaller ruler and the rose flower one I needed the larger ruler, they were both on the same coffee table so you can see difference in size.

SusieQOH 10-06-2017 07:11 PM

So pretty, Three Dog Night (joy to the world! haha)
So you don't need border prints?

juliea9967 10-07-2017 05:15 AM

The size of the ruler you need is based on the size of the printed fabric border stripes. I have the 12" one and can use it for all of the fabrics that I have come across. There is also directions on how you can use a square ruler to get your cuts. I tried that first and had horrible problems. Then I bought the 60 degree ruler and it makes it so much easier.

junegerbracht 10-07-2017 05:31 AM

I have both the 8 inch and 12 inch Creative Grids rulers - worth their weight in gold when cutting striped fabric for table runners. These are the easiest runners and look much more complicated than they are - great gifts. If I were you I would invest in the 12 inch ruler - or perhaps you could borrow one.

SuziSew 10-09-2017 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7920757)
So pretty, Three Dog Night (joy to the world! haha)
So you don't need border prints?

Nope, you don't. I've made strip sets to make my own "border" and I've added a strip to a border that wasn't as wide as I wanted. TIP! Make sure the top strip is different from your bottom strip to give it the right effect. (i.e. use red/black/white/blue not red/black/white/red) Not sure I explained that well, if not let me know.

Pat G 10-09-2017 04:51 PM

I have made many of these runners. Love the variations you can do. I used the big 60 degree triangle ruler that is 12" each side. For me, the biggest mystery was getting that center right. Mostly needed to
follow the cutting instructions til I figured it out. Love those beaut. border prints. My favorites are from "equilter.com" but they call them stripes.