Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trip to Branson in May (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trip-branson-may-t117774.html)

MimiLinda 04-21-2011 11:43 AM

We are going to be in Branson, MO the week of May 15 th thru the 20 th. Would like to know if there is anyting quilt related going on or any quilt shops that I should check out. Would love to add to my fabric stash with some new items. :thumbup:

katyquilter 04-21-2011 11:52 AM

There is a large quilt shop on Hwy. 76 in Branson as well as 2 nice quilt shops in Springfield, which is about a 40 minute drive North of Branson. Have fun on your trip. No quilt related activities that I'm aware of.

craftybear 04-21-2011 11:56 AM

google Quilt shops so you can find more in the areas you will be visiting (I would suggest calling them to be sure they are still open and find out hours)

Have fun!

laughingquilter 04-21-2011 12:17 PM

There's a really neat shop on the main drag in Branson where the Dick Clark Theater, Dixiland Stampede, etc. is located. Might be Hwy 76 as posted earlier. They have tons of inventory.....as well as samples, etc. My sisters and I have been to Branson several times and we make sure we never miss that one!

himnherr 04-21-2011 02:00 PM

There is also a smaller quilt shop on hwy. 76 further east than the big one. I preferred the smaller one myself, but to each his own. Also, between Branson and Springfield is Ozark, MO. There is a quilt shop in behind Lambert's, a restaurant known for "throwed rolls"- a fun family experience with wonderful food. There is also a shop on the square in Ozark. In Springfield, right out on hwy. 65 is Merrily We Quilt Along, and on Glenstone and Sunshine there is one called The Quilt Sampler. Both of them are nice. Also, across and a bit north from Hancock's on Glenstone is a store called Fabric Decor Outlet (I think that's the name of it). Wow! I love that store! And on Sunshine and Fremont is an old store called the FM Store (Farmer's Market) that is cluttered but they have some nice fabric and prices are great! That's where all the material for my bags and curtains come from. Check these out- you'd easily use the whole day! Wow! What fun! I hope you enjoy your trip. Don't know which way you're coming but Thayer, MO is supposed to have one fantastic quilt shop- although I have never been to it.

jdiane318 04-21-2011 02:06 PM

The store on the main drag, 76, is Quilts and Quilts, they are closed on Sunday's. You are about 3 hours away from Batesville, AR, and Marshall's Dry Goods is there. himnherr really hit all the hot spots. The shop on the square in Ozark has went to all on-line. There is a nice quilt shop off 65 and 392, south of Branson, North of Harrison, she has lots of everything and great prices.

MimiLinda 04-21-2011 02:08 PM

Thank you all for your help. Hope to get to at least one. Perhaps a day of exploring the area would be nice. We will be coming from the Columbus Ohio area and I know we will stay right beyond Silver Dollar City.

KimS 04-21-2011 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by MimiLinda
We are going to be in Branson, MO the week of May 15 th thru the 20 th. Would like to know if there is anyting quilt related going on or any quilt shops that I should check out. Would love to add to my fabric stash with some new items. :thumbup:

You might want to take a trip to Eureka Springs, AR since you'll only be an hour or so away. My aunt lives there and I was there for a visit several weeks but had family things that needed to be done so didn't get to do much shopping. I did see a quilt shop but don't know much about it.