Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trouble printing labels (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trouble-printing-labels-t208387.html)

papple00 12-13-2012 06:38 PM

Trouble printing labels

I have tried and tried to make my labels using my printer. I even bought a new printer. Every time I try to start the printing process my fabric with freezer paper gets caught in the printer......is there a trick? I have pressed the fabric to the freezer paper as directions state and it just is not working. Any suggestions are appreciated.

JoAnnGC 12-14-2012 08:24 AM

I always take the prepared fabric/freezer paper sheet and tape it top and bottom to another sheet of printer paper making sure that all edges are smooth so there is nothing to catch in the printer. It also helps if I hand feed it into the printer as sometimes it needs a little guidance to get started.

papple00 12-14-2012 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC (Post 5719799)
I always take the prepared fabric/freezer paper sheet and tape it top and bottom to another sheet of printer paper making sure that all edges are smooth so there is nothing to catch in the printer. It also helps if I hand feed it into the printer as sometimes it needs a little guidance to get started.

Thank you....I will try that and see if I can get it to work.

Peckish 12-14-2012 03:59 PM

Is it an inkjet printer or a laser jet printer?

ckcowl 12-14-2012 05:41 PM

i have found it works best if i press the freezer paper onto fabric-then cut it to the size of printer paper---ensuring the edges are very secure. only feed one sheet at a time & make sure you are using an ink jet printer- not a laser printer. sometimes tape is needed on the edges- but for me-if i press first- then cut i seem to get better secure edges.

papple00 12-15-2012 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5720402)
Is it an inkjet printer or a laser jet printer?

I have an ink jet printer. HP I don't seem to have a problem with the fabric sticking to the freezer paper but once it starts to get pulled in to the printer then it gets blocked up and I have to go in and pull it all out. I think I have tried about a dozen and only one has ever worked. I have purchased the special paper for labels but really don't like them as they are so stiff.
Thank you for your response.

papple00 12-15-2012 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 5720594)
i have found it works best if i press the freezer paper onto fabric-then cut it to the size of printer paper---ensuring the edges are very secure. only feed one sheet at a time & make sure you are using an ink jet printer- not a laser printer. sometimes tape is needed on the edges- but for me-if i press first- then cut i seem to get better secure edges.

Thank you ckcowl.....maybe I can try that. Where are you from in northern Michigan? I am in the lower.....south of Bay City.

sewmom 12-15-2012 05:22 AM

When I make my labels, I cut the paper a little longe than the fabric. Then I fold the paper over on itself, making sure the edge of the fabric is covered. I then use my wooden point turner and rub it back and forth over the fold to really crease it and make sure it is flat. It feeds into the printer better that way.