Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Trying to post FS in Classified, but it's not working (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/trying-post-fs-classified-but-its-not-working-t148287.html)

Vanuatu Jill 08-27-2011 10:49 AM

It has been 7 days since I posted items for sale, and have "closed" that sale off now, and am trying to post another sale, but after 3 tries, when I hit "send", I get an error "cannot display the web page". Please, moderators or anyone, is there a reason I am not allowed to post another sale? Anyone else having trouble?

JulieR 08-27-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
It has been 7 days since I posted items for sale, and have "closed" that sale off now, and am trying to post another sale, but after 3 tries, when I hit "send", I get an error "cannot display the web page". Please, moderators or anyone, is there a reason I am not allowed to post another sale? Anyone else having trouble?

Is it timing out, or is the page cannot be displayed message appearing immediately when you click Send?

susie-susie-susie 08-27-2011 11:07 AM

I was just trying to look at that site. It is very slow and then I get the error message. Maybe it's overloaded. I will try later.
Sue

Vanuatu Jill 08-27-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR

Is it timing out, or is the page cannot be displayed message appearing immediately when you click Send?

It is appearing immediately after clicking send-very frustrating, as I had all the copy typed and the first 3 photos ready with the post, and had to re-do it 3 more times-and each time it failed! I was thinking maybe you can't post another sale until the 8th day-but didn't get that from the rules.

JulieR 08-27-2011 11:17 AM

No, you'd get a user message in that case, not a system error.

Have you tried uploading the copy without the pics?

Scissor Queen 08-27-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR

It is appearing immediately after clicking send-very frustrating, as I had all the copy typed and the first 3 photos ready with the post, and had to re-do it 3 more times-and each time it failed! I was thinking maybe you can't post another sale until the 8th day-but didn't get that from the rules.

That most likely doesn't have anything at all to do with the board. It's most likely your internet service provider having problems or your modem is having a problem.

Reboot.

margecam52 08-27-2011 11:20 AM

delete your temporary internet files.

Vanuatu Jill 08-27-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by margecam52
delete your temporary internet files.

Will try this, but all my other posts are going thru with no problems! Thanks-will try again!

Vanuatu Jill 08-27-2011 12:00 PM

There-they went this time-thanks everyone!