Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tuesday Morning dissapointment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tuesday-morning-dissapointment-t68404.html)

paintmejudy 10-05-2010 06:46 AM

Monday night I went to Tuesday Morning, got there at 6:00 when all the sewing and quilting items had been put out, and what a disappointment. THREE jelly rolls, in awful colors, and thin, not LQS quality, fabric at $14.99. Probably 15 fat quarter bundles, 12 for $7.99. But same lack of quality fabric and each bundle had 2 or 3 of the same fabric. Waste of a trip until I found 3 packages of sewing machine Quilting needles for $.99.

Anyone find anything good at their sale?

Tink's Mom 10-05-2010 07:03 AM

I found some burrito rolls that were nice....quality was decent...Better than Joann's...comp. with my quilt shop fabrics.
Some of the stuff was pretty junky. I also picked up something that will be going into my Secret Santa, so I can't describe it. ;)

Candace 10-05-2010 08:02 AM

There's another current thread about this. But yes, the one here was completely sold out at 8:20 of the fabric. I left it there as it was poor quality like you stated! Though like you mentioned the "burritos" were the best quality so I got one of those and some rulers. I don't know if they'll restock in a week or so, but they didn't get much in at my store at all...

Katia 10-05-2010 08:14 AM

I wonder why some stores are putting stuff out for sale on Monday? The whole point of Tuesday morning stores is the Tuesday morning part for the advertised sales. The ones I go to have always kept the sale stuff covered till Tuesday morning.

paintmejudy 10-05-2010 08:40 AM

I wasn't expecting to be able to buy anything, just wanted to see if what they had was worth wading through the Tuesday morning crowds.

And does anyone remember when Tuesday morning was only open a few months of the year at a time? The would ALWAYS be closed for a month before they reoopened with new stuff.If I remember right, they'd be open for a couple months, then closed for a month or two. This was maybe 20 years ago.

Originally Posted by Katia
I wonder why some stores are putting stuff out for sale on Monday? The whole point of Tuesday morning stores is the Tuesday morning part for the advertised sales. The ones I go to have always kept the sale stuff covered till Tuesday morning.

ajonkarl 10-05-2010 08:51 AM

After reading the threads my friend and I decided to go there shopping. Even in a big city there were none close to us. Went just as they opened Monday didn't know the deal and asked about the quilting supplies and was told that was not until Tuesday we had to come back! I wasn't even going to look but my friend started combing the aisles and we did find some fat quarters and odds and ends. Disappointed I asked the cashier if they even had the rulers on the ad in case I came back and she went to look. She did have only two in stock and actually sold it to me, which was nice of her. We talked about going back today but were not that thrilled with the quality of the FQ and color selection of the ones that were there. It really was a good price but I guess you do get what you pay for...

willferg 10-05-2010 09:38 AM

I just got home from there and had the same luck as you. Wasn't impressed with the jelly rolls or fat quarters. Didn't see anything resembling a burrito (?).

I did get some sewing machine needles, some quilting pens, and a hook rug latch that I'm hoping can help me close safety pins.

All in all, a bit disappointing, but not a complete waste of time : )

Laurie

Candace 10-05-2010 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by willferg
I just got home from there and had the same luck as you. Wasn't impressed with the jelly rolls or fat quarters. Didn't see anything resembling a burrito (?).

I did get some sewing machine needles, some quilting pens, and a hook rug latch that I'm hoping can help me close safety pins.

All in all, a bit disappointing, but not a complete waste of time : )

Laurie

The "burrito" is 8 fat quarters rolled together. I could swear the same exact ones are for sale at Joannes. So, no big loss! Use a coupon at Joannes and get the same thing...

featherweight 10-05-2010 01:26 PM

I was very dissappointed also. Didn't find a thing that I couldn't live without!!!

buslady 10-05-2010 01:38 PM

I must have missed the boat! What is a "Tuesday"?