Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Twister HELP !! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/twister-help-t114559.html)

BMP 04-08-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
Have you thought about using the larger twister tool and using 10" blocks?

I dont want anything that large just one more round on the one that has been on here ....

BMP 04-09-2011 12:23 PM

Ok I decided to just do an expierment and see how making a template 4 1/2 square, and use 6 inch fabric squares and adding "another round" for the wreath will turn out. Blocks are cut and sewn, I need to add boarder and then re-cut ...I may not get to it until tomorrow.

happymrs 04-09-2011 01:32 PM

Save the little squares you end up with too, you could do a mini one later!

mommamac 04-09-2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Ok I decided to just do an expierment and see how making a template 4 1/2 square, and use 6 inch fabric squares and adding "another round" for the wreath will turn out. Blocks are cut and sewn, I need to add boarder and then re-cut ...I may not get to it until tomorrow.

so what is the size of your starting grid?

BMP 04-09-2011 05:46 PM

7 across -7 down.
BBCCCBB
BCRCRCB
CRCBCRC
CCBBBCC
CRCBCRC
BCRCRCB
BBCCCBB

B=background
C=greens
R=red
I worked out on graph paper 2 shades of green and a red which I placed in between the greens
I had 1/3 yd. of each green (2 shades)
1/3 yd. of red
1 yrd of background, boarder
This made the entire fabric grid
I will need to get more fabric to finish the back and binding and boaders if I think it will need any after.
I dont have the background boarders on yet but the grid (sewn together) is 39" square. I am adding 4 inches for the boarder but you may be able to get away with 3, I just wanted to be safe.
I also altered the template and made the "X" 1 inch from the corners.
I was able to get the plexiglass at the hardware store for 52-cents. I used a sharpie to mark my lines.

mommamac 04-09-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
7 across -7 down.
BBCCCBB
BCRCRCB
CRCBCRC
CCBBBCC
CRCBCRC
BCRCRCB
BBCCCBB

B=background
C=greens
R=red
I worked out on graph paper 2 shades of green and a red which I placed in between the greens
I had 1/3 yd. of each green (2 shades)
1/3 yd. of red
1 yrd of background, boarder
This made the entire fabric grid
I will need to get more fabric to finish the back and binding and boaders if I think it will need any after.
I dont have the background boarders on yet but the grid (sewn together) is 39" square. I am adding 4 inches for the boarder but you may be able to get away with 3, I just wanted to be safe.
I also altered the template and made the "X" 1 inch from the corners.
I was able to get the plexiglass at the hardware store for 52-cents. I used a sharpie to mark my lines.

thanks for the info - you're wise in making the boarder wider - it'd be tight with only 3" I think. Can't wait to see the final product!

BMP 04-10-2011 05:47 PM

I have mine 1/2 together and will be making a few changes the next time...

BMP 04-11-2011 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My completed wreath 6 inch squares 4 inch template

twister wreath
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182679[/ATTACH]

hmay60 04-11-2011 08:51 AM

What's the finished size of that Bonnie? Looks good to me.

Nana2Sew 04-11-2011 09:16 AM

I like it! What would you change for the next one?