Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFOers--Join me today to work on some UFOs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufoers-join-me-today-work-some-ufos-t217651.html)

Raggiemom 03-29-2013 12:37 AM

UFOers--Join me today to work on some UFOs

Well, UFO Friday has arrived. I'm going to work on some applique UFOs that have been sitting around much longer than I would like to admit! If you have a UFO, please feel free to join me. Or if you want to start something new, join us as well. I will check back here periodically. Please post pictures if you want.

DOTTYMO 03-29-2013 12:42 AM

Going out to pick up a sewing table will join you when I get back.

redmadder 03-29-2013 02:42 AM

Don't mind if I do. Last year I pieced 1000+ scrappy courthouse step blocks over the summer and made 3 queen size quilts and a few nap sizes. Now there are a few UFO blocks around, with just a few left to do and I'll have a couple more nap sizes. Then there are the blue string blocks. Some orphan blocks that I may piece around with strips so they are the center of big log cabin blocks. And a basket full of other thought about projects. Looking forward to the day.

leakus 03-29-2013 04:08 AM

Mine is not an UFO but a WIP. I have the day off and will be working on it. Are you showing pics?
I can't show mine because it a surprise for a member of the QB. quilt for quilters 2013 swap. see you at the sewing room!
andrea

kateyb 03-29-2013 05:06 AM

I'll join you. Our guild has a UFO challenge due at the April meeting. I haven't completed as many as I would have liked. The other guild has one due in October so will keep going. I have one I'm machine quilting, 2 that just need the binding stitched down, and 1 hand quilting that is getting close to being done. Will work on the machine quilting today until I start to stress and then go to the handwork.

Raggiemom 03-29-2013 06:58 AM

Welcome to all! Glad you can join us. I'm making progress on the machine applique but I can't say it looks very good. It's Banana Cat from the Garden Patch series. I think I'll consider it a practice one and give it to the cats to lay on. Maybe they'll use that instead of what I'm actually quilting. I'm not sure I like how the machine applique is going, I know I need more practice. But I may try some hand applique down the road.

zennia 03-29-2013 07:19 AM

I'm still in my jammies and plan to work on my many UFO'S most of the day. I have finished one and after this tea break I will start another. Having a nice relaxing day---and getting some of this clutter out of the way.

narnianquilter 03-29-2013 07:28 AM

I have a borderline UFO...it hasn't been sitting around that long, I just hate it. However it is a commissioned piece for a friend and they love it! Which is good, but it makes it really hard to motivate myself to work on it! Might try and join you for some work today!

DOTTYMO 03-29-2013 07:46 AM

Just returned from 4 hour trip. Going to patchwork a dog coat sey all later.

Raggiemom 03-29-2013 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is the Banana Cat finished. I didn't like the way it was coming out so didn't complete the face since I'm letting the cat have it! I even sewed her name on it :)