Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO's Finishing - or not? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-finishing-not-t319815.html)

rryder 01-01-2023 09:33 AM

I'm down to about 17 UFOs from a high of over 30. Every year I manage to whittle it down a little more. Right now I'm concentrating on finishing the 5 quilts that I have going right now. I don't consider any of these to be UFOs since I've been steadily working on them:
1. art quilt-just finished the quilting and am in process of auditioning binding so it's currently on the Design wall.
2. art quilt- needs more quilting- currently on the Sweet Sixteen
3. Sunflower Illusions paper pieced project I started last spring in a class- finished the paper piecing, just waiting for the design wall to be freed of 1. above so I can figure out which inside fans I want to put with which outside arcs and piece the blocks.
4. Around We Go- once a month class- piecing is about half done- we have three more classes then the flimsy will be done and ready to sandwich for quilting.
5. Debby Brown's Oct. 2021 quilt along quilt- all sandwiched, just waiting for other things that have more pressing deadlines to be finished so I can quilt it on the Sweet Sixteen.

This is typical for me. I usually have several WIPs in different stages of completion and a bunch of UFOs that I am letting percolate while I figure out what I want to do on them to get them finished. I'd like to get the number of UFOs down to 10 and hold steady there.

Rob

wesing 01-01-2023 11:34 AM

I know I have a dozen or so unfinished projects packed away. I’m hoping to get the house in order soon and be able to start sewing again. I’ve decided that whatever size my UFO’s are, they will be finished at that size and given. Exceptions will be for the nieces and nephews graduation quilts. I want them all to finish queen size. Then I can start some new projects!

ElaineCovid 01-01-2023 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by tuckyquilter (Post 8582729)
I've been working really hard on finishing UFO's for a couple of years. They got WAY out of hand. I love seeing a project bin empty.

I love seeing a project bin empty too - but it doesn't stay empty long in my house!

Dolphyngyrl 01-03-2023 11:59 PM

Really hard with my adhd but have been trying to finish the quicker smaller projects. I love the creativity of my adhd brain but hate the constant piling up of unfinished projects that comes along with it

Julienm1 02-02-2023 07:43 AM

Last night got brave, real brave, and looked inside a white tote. I knew I had kits in there but no idea what. Well, it's filed with UFOsWIP. I sew porimarily for PLroject Linus and decided that for each quilt I finish for PL I will finish a quilt and either donate the whole quilt to charity OR cut it down for backing for PL or another quilt. This plan sounds realalist (sp) to me. Stay tuned to see what happens the end of Feb.

Oh and I do have a UFO/WIP on my design wall. Wonder what will happen. I'll be just surprised as you...lol

sewingpup 02-02-2023 10:17 AM

Ha! waiting on my eyes to clear after my appointment this morning. Still working on finishing this year's mystery. Lots of UFO's including at least two previous years mysteries waiting in the wings.

Karamarie 02-02-2023 11:40 AM

Quiltsfor, I am also one to finish each project before I start a new one. Just me.

MaryKa 02-02-2023 02:34 PM

I have one UFO that I will be finishing for Vicki and Matthew. I thought I would never be finishing it but Vicki called and told me that Matthew would still like to have his son's quilt and he was afraid to tell me to please finish it for him. It will be the work on in between quilt as I have 3 other quilts that need to be finished asap. Vicki said she also had wished I would finish it so it will be quilted. I also have a cousin to that quilt for a donation quilt to a charity to auction off for the families of the fallen Officers in their department. So I will work on with them.