Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO'S - GETTING THEM DONE? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-getting-them-done-t119215.html)

Joanie2 04-27-2011 11:34 AM

Alright all you quilters out there---How can I possibly get any of my ufo's done when every time I check out this board I see more and more beautiful quilts that I just gotta add to my pile! I can't tell you how many I have bookmarked as "Oooh, I wanna do this one". Either I've got to stop looking or you've gotta start making some uglies cause I am just getting further and further behind! :lol:

AliKat 04-27-2011 11:49 AM

Bribery!

I literally have to bribe myself to do a UFO before I allow myself to buy something new or give myself a great treat. I even keep a list prominently displayed in my studio so I can choose which UFO to finish.

Unfortunately I didn't do this til I had waaayyyyy tooooo many UFO's. Oh well, a start is good too.

ali

pippa 04-27-2011 12:03 PM

I have a couple of UFO's on my design wall which is in a corridor so everyone can see them. The hope is that by displaying them prominently I will be shamed into getting a move on with them. Not functioning so far but I have made two bags and a mini tote and a mini wall hanging which were not on my list LOL
Pippa

sueisallaboutquilts 04-27-2011 01:12 PM

Joanie, I'm in the same boat!!! I would love to stop looking and adding to my list but I'm unable!! :D:D
lol

TonnieLoree 04-27-2011 01:20 PM

Being broke helps! I've managed to finish up 4, with another 10 waiting in the wings. :-). When I see one I want to try, I copy the picture and title and add to a word document. So far that document is 27 pages long. The title of that document is called "MY Quilting Bucket List". Oh my. I'm either obsessed or possessed.

sassy granny 04-27-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Joanie2
Alright all you quilters out there---How can I possibly get any of my ufo's done when every time I check out this board I see more and more beautiful quilts that I just gotta add to my pile! I can't tell you how many I have bookmarked as "Oooh, I wanna do this one". Either I've got to stop looking or you've gotta start making some uglies cause I am just getting further and further behind! :lol:

same here, I can't stay off here long enough to get any quilting done. Right now, I'm looking instead of eating dinner. Could be the beginning of "the quilt board diet". LOL

sassy granny

GreatStarter 04-27-2011 03:44 PM

I just joined a few days ago. So far I haven't sewn even a seam as I am on here finding more projects I want to start. I start really well, but don't finish near as many as I start lol.
Kat

deedum 04-27-2011 05:07 PM

I have completed 2 quilts and another almost done, and yet my UFO BOM quilt is still waiting! I do check in on this board several times a day, I dont want to miss a thing!

Tartan 04-28-2011 05:49 AM

I know what you mean! I find that if I really want to add another to my "To Do List" I put a picture into a file folder I have. This seems to satisfy my immediate urge and when I hit a quilt slump, I flip through my folder and get inspiration to start a new project. I am slowly working my way through my UFO pile this year and catching up my quilts. It helps if you have an event to plan towards...Quilt Show, Fair competition etc.